• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Mens Golf Championships

Completely agree. Just meant it was a question mark as to how they were going to play this week given that they kinda had to.

No doubt. I'm hoping Paul has just struggled to adapt to college life and golf in the States, as he is apparently ridiculously talented. If Clancy gets himself together, Zalatoris stays in school and you add in 2 more stud freshmen in Sterbinsky and Young, you've got potentially the best team we've had since 2002/03.

Guise's play today is pretty disappointing. Couple that with their overall youth, Stewart's injury and Waugh's slump and it isn't looking good for this year. But I agree things are looking up for the first time in a long time. I sure hope Zalatoris hangs around. He is the real deal.

Only hope right now is that FSU and GT stay about where they are and we can get back into it tomorrow. Dont see UVA or Clem running away from everyone.

Guise is +6 after 13, after starting birdie-birdie. That is pretty ugly, bruh.

Very disappointing. We played like shit today.

They really need to move the championship around to other courses. There are dozens of great tracks in the ACC footprint that could host this, and we can get away from a course that GTech flat out owns.

This might be one of the worst rounds in a LONG time by a WFU golf team.

This might be one of the worst rounds in a LONG time by a WFU golf team.

I have to think at this point we put so much pressure on ourselves to win this tournament, that we can't get out of our own way and play well.

We're still a lock for regionals and we need to regroup and make it to NCAA's this year.

Zalatoris is playing a very solid round today.

I have to think at this point we put so much pressure on ourselves to win this tournament, that we can't get out of our own way and play well.

We're still a lock for regionals and we need to regroup and make it to NCAA's this year.

Zalatoris is playing a very solid round today.

Yea, unfortunately I think Jerry probably feels it and trickles down to the players. Everyone is just wound up and ready snap at any moment.

Yea, unfortunately I think Jerry probably feels it and trickles down to the players. Everyone is just wound up and ready snap at any moment.

Does coach Haas tend to run a little tightly wound around tournaments? I observed him at the Primland event and he seemed to be very hands off and only stepped in to coach Waugh specifically with a tough shot.

18 playing at -.19 scoring. yeesh.

Does coach Haas tend to run a little tightly wound around tournaments? I observed him at the Primland event and he seemed to be very hands off and only stepped in to coach Waugh specifically with a tough shot.

Yeah he's always come across as pretty hands off. He told me that he knows the guys who never want him talking to them or watching and then knows who he can talk to pretty consistently throughout or does better with some guidance.

Florida State with a big finish.

Yeah he's always come across as pretty hands off. He told me that he knows the guys who never want him talking to them or watching and then knows who he can talk to pretty consistently throughout or does better with some guidance.

That's how most college golf coaches are. They will hang back and let everybody do their thing but when the players need it they will come give help that's needed. The last thing they will do is comment on swings because that's the worst thing to have going through your head mid round.

Don't these kids all have their own swing coaches since their AJGA days? Not during the tournament, but prior to and after?

Don't these kids all have their own swing coaches since their AJGA days? Not during the tournament, but prior to and after?

Kind of. It's really hard to see them depending on where you're from during the year and where their located. I've sent stuff to my swing coach before, during and after rounds for any insights but my swing coach was in Florida for half of the year. If they have a guy that's close in town then it works out really great. Some of the guys will trust the coach with their swing but that's on rare occasions and normally only if the coach has prior teaching experience.

Time for a coach that can win in the big tournaments. We have not played well in the ACC for years! So sad with the heritage.

While nice, ACC not end all be all. We've had NCAA 2nd, 3rd and I think another top 5 in the last 18 years plus 3 regional wins. Plus a ton of team and individual wins during the season. Like any of the 4 majors, really tough to peak twice a year at the right time. And since we last won in 86, we are probably the 2nd best private school besides Stanford.

It's a screwy game

The same Clemson and UVA teams we beat by 28+ at an NCAA course 4 days ago we lost to today. It happens.

Back