• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Power Rankings: DFL

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Not very surprising at all.

http://www.foxsportscarolinas.com/c...ACC-Power-Rankings?blockID=940299&feedID=3737

14. Wake Forest (1-2, 0-1 ACC)
Last week: L 21-19 to Louisiana-Monroe

It’s not that the Deacs lost at home to Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday, or even that they lost at BC the week before that. It’s the way it’s happening. ULM ran 104 plays (!!!), which in hindsight makes their 424 yards of offense seem pedestrian, and the Deacs had 15 yards of rushing and reached the red zone once. The Deacs have hardly played any world-beaters this season, and still they’ve managed 259 yards rushing on 108 attempts. Also, eye test. Eye test is bad. LOOK AWAY from the Deacs’ offense right now.

We're 1-2 and the best team we've played is ranked 90th in Sagarin (Boston College).

Our schedule is ranked 153rd, it's the easiest of anyone in the ACC so far and we're 1-2.

Not to pimp my rankings too hard but...

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2013/9/16/4732698/goacc-power-rankings-week-4

I apologize for ranking this team 13th last week. It truly hurts to watch them play football. We had 13 drives on Saturday and 7 of them resulted in a three and out. ULM ran 104 offensive plays compared to Wake's 63. Somehow we were still only a few plays away from winning this game. ULM scored a go-ahead touchdown at the end of the first half after a running into the kicker penalty gave the Warhawks a first down. Orville Reynolds dropped a beautifully thrown ball by Tanner Price that probably would have gone for a score. I refuse to blame Michael Campanaro for that drop on the 2-pt conversion because he had 16 receptions for 177 yards. I applaud the performance he put on display, but what I'm seeing is not fluid and there doesn't appear to be much organization. This team had all of the talent to make a bowl game, but it was critical to get off to a good start (i.e. 3-1 or 4-0). There is now absolutely no margin of error left for the Deacs if they want to go bowling. They must beat Army this weekend, then win all other remaining winnable games (NC State, Maryland, at Syracuse, Duke). If the Deacs don't make a bowl this season it will mean this program has only made a bowl appearance in 1 of the past 5 seasons. When you are one of the 35 highest paid head coaches in college football, then you are simply going to have to produce better results. You can't live off 2006 forever.

Solid rankings Cumberland. I agree State is the only team even in our ballpark right now. But there's still a nice little gap between us and everyone else

Back