• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC's new TV deal

Didn't read, but does this mean the games won't be $%^&ing blacked out anymore on ESPN3?

Three Friday night conference games including one guaranteed game on Thanksgiving Friday which must be hosted by either Syracuse or Boston College in the afternoon or evening.

Three Friday night conference games including one guaranteed game on Thanksgiving Friday which must be hosted by either Syracuse or Boston College in the afternoon or evening.

I read that differently. I read it as BC hosts a Friday night game each year, Syracuse hosts a Friday night game each year, and then one other game is played on Thanksgiving Friday, either in the afternoon or evening.

Yeah maybe I read that wrong?

"Per the extension, ESPN has the right to televise three Friday ACC football contests annually which will include a standing commitment from Boston College and Syracuse to each host one game as well as an afternoon or evening game on Thanksgiving Friday."

I guess I did.

Also STUNNINGLY!!!! FSU fans are bitching and moaning about this impacting them as "top earners". Fuck yourselves FSU just leave the conference.

Ugh. ACC Sunday Night Hoops is still going to be on ESPNU.

I read that differently. I read it as BC hosts a Friday night game each year, Syracuse hosts a Friday night game each year, and then one other game is played on Thanksgiving Friday, either in the afternoon or evening.

I read it the same way. Wonder why BC was forced to do that instead of Pitt? That seems odd. Maybe it has something to do with Heinz Field?

Ugh. ACC Sunday Night Hoops is still going to be on ESPNU.

ACC Sunday Night Hoops has effectively been ruined by this. It was nice when we used to have a high profile game on Fox Sports on Sunday night.

So thats about $17MM per year per team? Still less than the Big 12 just signed. I think that makes the ACC #5 in terms of TV money.

Imagine if the "big" football schools were actually good at football- they wouldn't be complaining right now. If I was a VT fan, I'd just shut up and consider myself lucky my school got into a conference that didn't even want them.

Maybe BC and Cuse volunteered

Doubtful, right? Doesn't every school want to play at home on Saturdays? Friday nights makes it harder for out of town alumni to come back. Saturday games are what is great about college football. I find more significance than coincident that they were the 12th and 13th (or 14th) teams added to the league.

Doubtful, right? Doesn't every school want to play at home on Saturdays? Friday nights makes it harder for out of town alumni to come back. Saturday games are what is great about college football. I find more significance than coincident that they were the 12th and 13th (or 14th) teams added to the league.

Maybe. I saw it as them looking at Friday nights as an opportunity to better capture the local audience since high school football isn't very big up there. I seriously doubt that those two schools would be singled out for annual Friday night games if they didn't volunteer. Otherwise they would just spread them around the entire conference

Friday night football has been a success for Syracuse. I have no doubt that they volunteered for it. It's something several of thrir fans mentioned to me back when the idea of Friday night football came around the ACC Tournament. I would assume BC did the same.

Could it be that Boston College was selected because of the whole Thanksgiving/Massachusetts thing?

Back