• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACCT to Barclays Center in Brooklyn

If our team was any good this would be so fucking awesome to go to

The Barclays Center is so sick. I would be there with bells on.

The Barclays Center is so sick. I would be there with bells on.

Really, in Buzz's 7th year, when we are 5-13 in conference (the 47-point home loss to Louisville hurt, but we had big wins over VT and BC, and Buzz is now 4-57 in conference road games, so, improvement, right?), you are going to make the schlep to Brooklyn? It would be a subway ride from my office and I wouldn't go if you paid me.

Meh. Look for the ACC to go back to 8 teams participating in the ACCT so it won't matter for us anyway.:mad:

Really, in Buzz's 7th year, when we are 5-13 in conference (the 47-point home loss to Louisville hurt, but we had big wins over VT and BC, and Buzz is now 4-57 in conference road games, so, improvement, right?), you are going to make the schlep to Brooklyn? It would be a subway ride from my office and I wouldn't go if you paid me.

Meh. Look for the ACC to go back to 8 teams participating in the ACCT so it won't matter for us anyway.:mad:

Brain trust out in droves this week.

Agree or not, the old ACCT 8 team format with 4 Friday Quarters, 2 Saturday Semi's and the Sunday Final is the way to go.

Teams 9-15 or soon 16, thanks for sucking and no need to make the trip. This is what is done in the baseball ACCT and still works just fine.

Makes the ACCT a reward for a good season and much more manageable and enjoyable to watch.

Agree or not, the old ACCT 8 team format with 4 Friday Quarters, 2 Saturday Semi's and the Sunday Final is the way to go.

Teams 9-15 or soon 16, thanks for sucking and no need to make the trip. This is what is done in the baseball ACCT and still works just fine.

Makes the ACCT a reward for a good season and much more manageable and enjoyable to watch.

Just because you and the other old farts think it's more enjoyable to watch doesn't mean the TV networks (who actually pay the bills) want it.

If people wanted to watch college baseball on TV to the extent that they watch basketball, then you can guaran-damn-tee that they would expand the tournament

Last edited:
Reducing the number of ACC tournament games from 14 to 7, means less TV money for the ACC. Will never ever happen.

Top 8 seeds play at Barclays, teams 9-15 get to play at the Meadowlands race track. Winner gets free "junior champs" t-shirt and a voucher for a buy one get one free* Nathan's hot dog.

*Free hot dog must be of equal or lesser value.

Top 8 seeds play at Barclays, teams 9-15 get to play at the Meadowlands race track. Winner gets free "junior champs" t-shirt and a voucher for a buy one get one free* Nathan's hot dog.

*Free hot dog must be of equal or lesser value.

Mmmm...now we're talking. I used to work at Nathan's as a kid and packed on quite a few pounds as a result!

The Barclays Center is awesome and super easy to get to from Manhattan except that Atlantic Avenue is a huge clusterfuck and one giant pothole. Although it looks like the rusted hull of a ship, it's a really cool place. It's at least a couple blocks removed from filthy Brooklyn hipsters too.

The ACC actually changed the baseball format this year and now 10 teams are getting in rather than just 8.

I have worked in Manhattan for over 30 years and have been to Brooklyn exactly twice. Once for a wedding and once for a shiva call. I'm not going to that hellhole for a damn basketball game. Have some standards, people.

I have worked in Manhattan for over 30 years and have been to Brooklyn exactly twice. Once for a wedding and once for a shiva call. I'm not going to that hellhole for a damn basketball game. Have some standards, people.

Wait is this a real stratton or a parody stratton? Please advise.

Back