• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AD keeps list of names of negative fans.. No tickets for you

I was particularly interested in this blurb

Moos said he responded to all of the angry emails and “85-90 percent of the senders are not members of the Cougar Athletic Fund. If those fans want to jump on the bandwagon now, Moos said it’s too late.

I'd rather have RW than Moos as an AD. One of the AD's most important job is to make sure the bottom line keeps trending upward. Don't let your emotions interfere with profitability.

Pretty Hitler-ish move by Moos, though it isn't like fans can't get tix elsewhere. That having been said, any Wazoo fan criticizing the Leach hire after a single season when he had a demonstrated record of success at TT and was clearly screwed over there by the AD and the lying James kid is an idiot.

----------
Tapatalk.

That dude has an ego that Wellman can appreciate.

I'd rather have RW than Moos as an AD. One of the AD's most important job is to make sure the bottom line keeps trending upward. Don't let your emotions interfere with profitability.

There are a couple of chapters about Moos in the book THE SYSTEM - which is a great read for college football fans.

He got an even split of the Pac12 TV money despite USC, UCLA and Oregon carrying their ratings. This essentially doubled WSU's budget and made them a player.

He gave Paul Wulff an ultimatum to win 6 games. Wulff went 4-8 and was fired on 11/29. Moos already had Leach hired and announced him on 11/30.

With that momentum, he built new premium seating and sold it out despite the team sucking for the past 5 years.

He had Nike redesign their brand and make WSU more attractive to recruits while maintaining their core identity.

Moos is a first ballot HOF AD.

So Moos hires a proven WINNER, has one bad year, going 3-9 (WSU won more than three games once between 2008-2011), and blackballs the fans who pissed him off? I'm in.

Pretty Hitler-ish move by Moos, though it isn't like fans can't get tix elsewhere. That having been said, any Wazoo fan criticizing the Leach hire after a single season when he had a demonstrated record of success at TT and was clearly screwed over there by the AD and the lying James kid is an idiot.

----------
Tapatalk.

Wazoo fans also thought they were big time because they were paying Leach $2M / year. They are a bit out of touch.

Soo, you buy your tickets from a broker, the other school, wherever. Then, you wear a "Fuck Moos" t-shirt to the game. Or have a sign: "I'm POSITIVE Moos didn't sell me this ticket."

The closest Ronnie will ever get to being able to pull this power play is an invite to Shreveport or DC. Maybe. In 3 years.

Soo, you buy your tickets from a broker, the other school, wherever.
Exactly. They'll easily be able to pick up tickets for half or less what it would cost going through the school. And that's in the extremely unlikely event they want to make the trip to Detroit or some other shitty bowl game. Not sure how this idiot's "list" is blackballing anyone- it's just potentially costing his school money.

Fuck those mouth breathing idiots. Haha. What is he trying to prove? Dude. . .your school is located in Pullman. You need all the fans you can get.

At least Moos is passionate and cares about WSU and what they are trying to do and build there.

All Wellman seems to care about is his ego, taking care of his friends, and cashing a paycheck. The good of WFU athletics is very secondary on his priority list these days.

Wellman could never pull a move like that because he would have to exclude 95% of the entire fan base who is negative now. There would be very few people left to actually get tickets. Then again, maybe he already did that's what happened with Atlantis this year?

Give me Moos over Wellman any day.

One difference is that unlike Wellman, Moos actually graduated from WSU. So he was vested as a student then alumnus then employee. His loyalty to WSU would certainly run deeper than Wellman's. That said, Moos is just pulling the same bullshit clowns here pull. "I never complained so I'm a good fan and you suck." The only thing worse than getting the dick-measuring line from a fellow alumnus (now employee) is getting it from someone whose only link is a fucking paycheck.

So Moos was an AD plant turned AD?

Back