• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Air Banner Message

Agree overall on Wellman's record, but plenty of private schools playing good football these days.

Buzz just took a job. Still don't understand the hatred. I think he may yet prove all the naysayers wrong. Wait 'til Shelton shows up. More growing pains this year, but we will be a serious force next year.

Last edited:
Agree overall on Wellman's record, but plenty of private schools playing good football these days. Unfortunately, we play one Saturday.

Buzz just took a job. Still don't understand the hatred. I think he may yet prove all the naysayers wrong. Wait 'til Shelton shows up. More growing pains this year, but we will be a serious force next year.

We play Clemson on Saturday.

We shouldn't have to wait 5 years for basketball to be a serious force. Then what happens after 8 players graduate?

We play Clemson on Saturday.

We shouldn't have to wait 5 years for basketball to be a serious force. Then what happens after 8 players graduate?

There's a huge difference between "serious force" and "reasonably competitive". Only the latter has a remote chance of occurring with Bz.

Agree overall on Wellman's record, but plenty of private schools playing good football these days. Unfortunately, we play one Saturday.

Serious force? Who's going to shoot the ball for us after Travis and Coron are gone? It's laughable how one-dimensional we're going to be in 2014-2015. And with the likes of Louisville and Cuse entering the league, you still think we're going to be a serious force? Our roster is just not that talented compared to the upper echelon teams in the ACC. Buzz's recruiting has been as terrible as his in-game coaching.

Last edited:
Shooters are very important. I expect Cav, CMM and Moto to become competent (if not great) outside shooters. Hopefully, Miles and Watson too? Louisville's shooting has been abysmal for quite a while - Hancock happened to get hot when it mattered. It helps to have several other guys who command attention (Smith, Siva, Dieng) so the shooters are open. Chase never had that luxury. I suspect Shelton and Devin may make everyone shoot better.

Shooters are very important. I expect Cav, CMM and Moto to become competent (if not great) outside shooters. Hopefully, Miles and Watson too? Louisville's shooting has been abysmal for quite a while - Hancock happened to get hot when it mattered. It helps to have several other guys who command attention (Smith, Siva, Dieng) so the shooters are open. Chase never had that luxury. I suspect Shelton and Devin may make everyone shoot better.

Bless your heart.

How can someone defend a coach with 6 consecutive losing seasons? That makes him a loser. There's really no way around it.

I took what District Deac started and came up with this. Please gimme feedback, proof read, and provide additional points.

Subject: Fire Ron Wellman Aerial Banner

On Saturday, those in attendance of the Wake Forest/NC State game who look toward the sky will see an aerial banner calling for the firing of WF Athletic Director Ron Wellman. Paid for by Wake Forest alumni and fans, the banner will read "Demand Accountability. Fire Ron Wellman."

For the record, almost everyone who donated to the banner supported Wellman a mere 2 years ago. After all, he had done many wonderful things for Wake Forest Athletics, including hiring Jim Grobe and Skip Prosser, fundraising, and improving facilities. Unfortunately, over the last few years, Mr Wellman has demonstrated a pattern of bad hires, poor athletic performance, dismissing supporter’s concerns and misleading supporters, and displaying questionable ethics. Wake Forest has a strict honor policy for students. Shouldn’t our Athletics Director abide by the same standards? In our opinion, Ron Wellman’s actions more closely resemble those of a corrupt politician than those of an administrator of an elite university.

Justifications for firing Ron Wellman include:
-Lying about the reason for firing Dino Gaudio and hiring Jeff [Redacted].
-Hypocrisy of firing a very successful Gaudio after 3 years and then retaining [Redacted] after 3 years, even though he had the worst ACC winning percentage in over 40 years.
-Dismissing fan concerns and feedback. We have sent hundreds of letters, emails, facebook posts, etc to Mr. Wellman. Not a single one has been returned.
-Declining performance in revenue sports over the past three years. xx-xx (.xxx) in men's basketball over the last 3 years, finishing in xx, xx, and xx place in the ACC.
-Banning live calls from the Coaches' Shows to prevent public criticism.
-Using “culture change” as his reason for retaining [Redacted] while employing the Krispy Kreme book cooker as his Finance Director. Wellman hired Randy Casstevens over a year ago. Casstevens was the CFO of Krispy Kreme in 2005, when he and two other executives swindled millions from investors. The three conspired to double ship orders at the end of quarters to artificially inflate the stock price to $40 a share. They then sold over $13 million of their own stock. When the SEC got word and investigated, the stock plunged to $5 a share, leaving employees and investors holding the bag. For his role in the scandal, Casstevens was fined $150,000 by the SEC and lost his SEC license. It’s shocking that he wasn’t criminally charged. After all, Martha Stewart did a whole lot less and went to prison. Apparently, Ron Wellman is not okay with 18 year old basketball players making youthful mistakes but is perfectly fine with grown men swindling millions from his employees and investors.
-Wake Athletics finishing last place among ACC teams in the Director's Cup in 20xx, a measure of overall athletic success
-Started the 2013 football season at (x-x), including a loss to the University of Louisiana at Monroe

Last edited:
Could be a big old case of TL;dr. Put the bullet points up front and the narrative about the supporters turned wellmanout at the end.

I'd also put the lying about reasons for firing Dino consecutive to the Casteevens bit, as they're along the same lines of shady personnel decisions.

Agree overall on Wellman's record, but plenty of private schools playing good football these days.

The phrases singled out above are all we will ever get with Bz.

We would like to thank everyone for keeping up the charade about the banner. Wellman's minion's have reported back and the Athletic Dept seems legimately concerned. They are talking about arresting anyone who wears a sandwiche board, which would really make a great story. Who wants to take one for the team?

What we really have planned is going to be so awesome!!

By the way, my favorite minion is Steve.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

can we please start it 15 min prior to the game and 15 min into the first quarter?

Shit, I can't see how many times you blinked. Just tell us how many times you blinked.

Jesus... You are stupid. Your understanding of the game and the talent on our team is at a special ed level.

Maybe fora good hour or so..........
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Django-Unchained-You-Had-my-Curiosity.gif

Ronny's boys shut down your operation?

Back