• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alex Kinal - Punter

ND and Clemson should take care of most of them. I have him 27 punts left to get the record and 1,293 yds.

Remember the days of Shane Popham? Yeah, me either

Underrated as a punter. Not the strongest leg but rarely allowed any return yardage.

Was really bad as a kicker and shouldn't have been placed in the position of having PK duties.

Noted that the non-Wes announcer dissed one of Kinal's kicks, calling it 'not pretty'; it was the end-over-ender in the first half that went for 51 yards. I don't think the non-Wes has kept up with the variety of punts of which Kinal is capable...and what he does ON PURPOSE. It gripes me when announcers make statements like that which are obviously the result of being ill-prepared.

Yesterday put him right on track and he is a major reason we won that 3-0 game.

First time I've ever seen a punt be acknowledged as the Play of the Game.

What a weapon! Can't wait to see him play on Sundays.

Nikita was going into the military too until he made an NFL practice squad.

He's Australian, not Israeli! Australia has no mandatory military service.

Jordan Berry and Brad Wing are current Australian punters in the NFL.

There's been more than a handful of Australian punters in the NFL in the past as well:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-spor...lians-in-the-nfl/story-fnp3l4e4-1227515132385

Would definitely love for Kinal to get a shot if he wants to go that route. Just feel like the rugby style kick is not something that you see in the NFL all that often and that is definitely one of the key components to Kinal's effectiveness for us because those punts are rarely if ever returned.

Would definitely love for Kinal to get a shot if he wants to go that route. Just feel like the rugby style kick is not something that you see in the NFL all that often and that is definitely one of the key components to Kinal's effectiveness for us because those punts are rarely if ever returned.

The trend is just getting going in college. It will take a while to be widespread in the NFL given the very limited number of college kickers who make it there and the need for a team to try something different. Given that it's always good to have multiple tools and options for various conditions, field positions, etc, it seems like an obvious direction for punting to move. A low rugby kick can even be used to attempt to create a turnover by kicking it into the backs of the return team. It's not the norm, but there have been some punters in the NFL who use it when the occasion dictates, just like Kinal does.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article3620797.html

The rugby style punt isn't the only tool in Kinal's toolbox. SDeacz has already broken down what Kinal will need to do to compete for an NFL roster spot. He can put that 64 yard wedge on his highlight reel. I've never seen a punter so good an forcing fair catches around the 10 from anywhere on the field.

He is really, really good. If he gets a chance to compete for a roster spot in the NFL, I'm sure he will give it a go. The military will be there after he's done kicking.

The BC radio announcers said that they expected to see Kinal play on Sunday next year. He will get a shot.

Back