• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alex Kinal - Punter

The problem with the Aussie boys is that they're too tough! Need to teach those boys how to flop and get a running into the kicker and roughing the kicker flag! j/k

I just got an image of Alex drawing a running into the kicker call and him retaliating my nailing the guy to the ground.

I just got an image of Alex drawing a running into the kicker call and him retaliating my nailing the guy to the ground.

They trip you up like that you've got to drop the elbow across their sternum - shoulder pads be damned!

One thing we may have to teach Alex our definition of what a punter does. Famously an Aussie was kicking in the NFL. On his first punt, he kicked the ball. Then he sprinted downfield, weaved his way through traffic and went after the returner to tackle him.

The speacial teams coached freaked out and asked him what the hell he thought he was doing. The punter said he thought he was football player and the object was to tackle the guy with the ball.

Come on now, you are making the insular assumption that only Americans understand football............

Thanks for the answer. I wasn't doubting the toughness of Aussie players or insinuating they would be afraid of the rush, just the adjustment it takes because of the nature of the rush

Working to improve get-off times makes a lot of sense.

Again, thanks for your insight

No problem - if we deliver players to College who have NFL get-off times then the collisions and sheer noise from the LOS will be less of a factor - but no doubt that the first few times will be an experience. It is something that Aussie punters who have made the transition to NFL remark.

Alex also trains with a number of our guys who will be making the transition to, or going back to, the NFL. No doubt that competing with that level of player assists our college boys.

Thanks for your comments, and look forward to keeping in touch this year.

You know how it is with rookies.................

Darren Bennett, who incidentally spent 1 season playing NFL Europe and then 1 year on the Chargers practice squad before he became the starter at San Diego.

I think there may be some embellishment on the original story.

But his hit on the KC returner brought out one of the great football quotes

' you can take the man out of Australian Rules, but you cannot take the Australian Rules out of the man"

Darren Bennett, who incidentally spent 1 season playing NFL Europe and then 1 year on the Chargers practice squad before he became the starter at San Diego.

I think there may be some embellishment on the original story.

But his hit on the KC returner brought out one of the great football quotes

' you can take the man out of Australian Rules, but you cannot take the Australian Rules out of the man"

Bennett, that's right. Great kicker.

Side note: Can someone locate Plack's 82 yard bomb against State? I can't find it on youtube.

Hi guys. I believe a guy called John Smith and Prokick have been spreading lies about Alex and where he is from. I am sure Alex worked hard to get where he is, unless you can tell us YOU got him into College, end all your lies. Below is the full story.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/alexs-other-football-dream/story-fn525un5-1225953991353

I don't know whay John cares so much about telling people that he gets people into college, but for some reason he does.

John....... Who cares where he comes from, as long as he can kick a football for us does it really matter?

I'm very confused by this post, to say the least. John Smith has been nothing but positive about Alex and has demonstrated personal knowledge of him.

I'm very confused by this post, to say the least. John Smith has been nothing but positive about Alex and has demonstrated personal knowledge of him.

seems like we have an Aussie punting clinic war on our hands.... let's play a best 2 out of 3 shall way????

seems like we have an Aussie punting clinic war on our hands.... let's play a best 2 out of 3 shall way????

Have at it, boys. Winner gets both:

396973-footy-fans.jpg

Had a buddy that said to watch brad pinion from NC. He supposedly has great leg (cue jokes). Great as kickoff specialest and punter.

You don't read the forums for a few weeks and someone calls you a liar.................

Alex had a few sessions with the Ozpunt guys and had booked to go to Chris Sailer's Las Vegas camp in January and visit a few schools - Wake being one that had shown interest.

Alex had not trained with Ozpunt for 6 months before he saw us - because he realised he was not getting the training expertise he required

Before he went to Sailer's camp Alex worked with myself and Nathan from ProKick Australia.

It was obvious that Alex was way behind our current group of guys in his technique. We advised him not cancel the visit to the Sailer Camp and to go to camps held by our International partner ProKicker.com - that's Ray Guy and Rick Sang. Rick and Ray agreed that Alex had some work to do to reach the standard required. Since then there have been discussions between ourselves and Wake as they are aware of our track record of success.

Alex has since acquired a full ride, and is currently training with another our our partners ex-Pro Bowler Greg Montgomery in the U.S before joining Wake.

Recent article below

http://eastern-courier-messenger.wh...superboot-alex-eyes-nfl-with-us-college-deal/

Video below from training session - the Prokick feature starts at 14.40, Alex talks later in the feature about us.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2011/03/04/3155841.htm?site=brisbane&source=rss

I am no liar.

I am on the Prokicker.com coaching panel - do I really need to defend myself against this crap?

Prokick Australia have done the work to get Alex in a position to gain his scholarship.

Just like we are doing with a number of other Aussies.

Enjoy Alex, he is a class act.

If you want to talk to Alex about our training, why not send me an e-mail and I will pass on your number.

I can be contacted at john@prokickaustralia.com

Cheers

Johnny

Kinal was a stud

He didn't have a great average, but most of that was because 5 of the 8 punts he had were inside the 20.

I was VERY impressed by him tonight and he was probably the brightest spot on the team (as embarrassing as that is).

Redshirting last season is really paying off. We knew he always had power, now he's developing a quicker release and precision. Think of this, we have 4 years to look forward to him progressing even more.

Back