• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All ACC

I’m not sure that 1st Team beats any other first teams in the last 20 or so years.

Before clicking on it, I expected Moore to get some votes for most improved but that was about it. Crawford has the talent to be a first or second team player but also the ability to play like a rec league player too, so I guess his periods of strong play elicited the votes but consistency issues placed a ceiling at HM this season.

I don’t understand how so many nba players can’t sniff all acc. This must be the toughest the acc has ever been. 😉

I think it is very telling that although Crawford is top ten in the league in several key categories (scoring, assists, free throws and percentage), he could barely scratch out top 20 in voting for all conference. Should be noted he was #2 in the league in T/O's and I have no stats but he has to be #1 in forced/jacked up/ill advised shots taken. Some here would have us believe he is all conference material but they are the same folks who think DM will lead to top 25 status as well.

Not sure how Marvin Bagley merits ACC POY when his team went 9-5 in the ACC (with four wins over Pitt and WF) with him, and 4-0 without him. Duke beat Clemson, L'ville and VT without Bagley, and lost to VT, BC, State and UVA with him.

No question Bagley is the most talented player, and most likely to be an NBA stud in the ACC, but Duke's record with and without Bagley does not indicate that he was the most valuable player in the conference. Put another way, it appears that Duke would've finished the ACC with about the same record (and you could argue a better one) with or without him.

I think it is very telling that although Crawford is top ten in the league in several key categories (scoring, assists, free throws and percentage), he could barely scratch out top 20 in voting for all conference. Should be noted he was #2 in the league in T/O's and I have no stats but he has to be #1 in forced/jacked up/ill advised shots taken. Some here would have us believe he is all conference material but they are the same folks who think DM will lead to top 25 status as well.

For the record I don’t think Crawford deserved any votes for an All-ACC team this year. I’m probably one of <5 posters who think Manning could have us in the top 25 next year.

For the record I don’t think Crawford deserved any votes for an All-ACC team this year. I’m probably one of <5 posters who think Manning could have us in the top 25 next year.

Yeah, we've heard.

Moore deserved HM, not Crawford. Doral led the ACC in FG% (and still may break the all-time ACC record depending on the Cuse game), and was second in conference games in rebounding (actually was first in the ACC in total rebounds in conference games). On a crappy team, Doral was WF best player and most deserving of HM recognition.

Last edited:
Completely agree. The irony is that if Crawford was legitimately deserving of getting All-ACC votes, his PG performance would have resulted in even better stats for Moore.

Last edited:
Like Maye amazes me. I used to coach him in youth basketball with my son. Coached with his dad, Mark. In fact I’ve coached all the Maye boys I think. It’s hard to tell them apart. But I know this. The secret to winning in Lake Norman area youth basketball for the last 15 years has been to ask Mark to be your assistant coach. That way, one of his boys would be on your team. That meant you got every single rebound and every single shot got blocked. They looked like 30 year old men on the court with 5 year olds. It was a total joke. Every time.

When I was coaching one of the other Mayes, Luke was in high school and was tasked with picking up his little brother at practice. Mark often wasn’t at practice because he was usually at one of the other kids games. Anyway, I can remember Luke would come and shoot at the other end while we were having practice. When he was a senior I can still remember being distracted wanting him drain 3s in flip flops at the other end. At the time, he was tall but certainly not a huge recruit. Now the kid is a first team all American this year I think. Unreal.

When I first heard Luke Maye was walking-on at UNC, my thought was that Roy was doing a favor for his UNC QB dad and that Luke's role would be limited to another annoying 4-year cheerleader while riding the pine in Chapel Hill. Totally wrong on that front. He is a winner and can play. All of the credit to him for the work that he put into it. My ACC POY vote would go to him.

Where did you have us in the last poll? Where only 4 people voted for the 0-14 wins category.

Where were you in the 2016-2017 poll? I was clearly wrong about how this team would react to losing Collins and have admitted as such and criticized Manning for failing to handle it better.

Back