• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All-Encompassing NFL Domestic Violence Thread

Why did that need a heavy metal soundtrack? And yeah Rice is a PoS.

Edited to note: Seems TMZ dropped the electric guitar riff from the video. Smart...

Last edited:
God almighty. How was that guy not charged? That makes me sick to my stomach.

I cannot believe Roger Goodell could watch that video and think 2 games was a solid suspension. Disgusting.

I cannot believe Roger Goodell could watch that video and think 2 games was a solid suspension. Disgusting.

Goodell is a whore. He doesn't give a fuck about anything but money. That attitude has made the NFL incredibly powerful. But there is a serious moral issue here. Rice needs to be suspended for the season. If this is "new footage" that was previously unavailable, wouldn't that give them the right to reevaluate his suspension?

If Goodell saw that footage he had to know at some point that it would get out. I hope to god he never saw that because if he did he is an idiot for only giving him 2 games...not only from a moral stand point but from a PR stand point.

He knocked her the fuck out, unconscionable. If the NFL isnt going to do the right thing, his owner should suspend him for the season out of principle.

Jane McManus ‏@janesports 1h
Re Ray Rice knockout punch: I was told NFL had access to same evidence the police did when evaluating a 2-game suspension.

Jane McManus ‏@janesports 1h
Re Ray Rice knockout punch: I was told NFL had access to same evidence the police did when evaluating a 2-game suspension.

wow...This is about to blow up then.

Since she struck him first in the lobby, and came after him in the elevator, are they trying to use self defense as an excuse?

Since she struck him first in the lobby, and came after him in the elevator, are they trying to use self defense as an excuse?
Yeah, that's been the main spin that I've heard throughout this whole thing. But nobody can convince me that a 220-pound NFL running back couldn't restrain his girlfriend without having to knock her unconscious.

They being Rice and his lawyers? I would assume so. His wife not pressing this and probably advocating on his behalf really seems to be biggest driver in the leniency here. I just hope she's being sincere and not coerced, but I'm not confident that's the case.

Didn't they get married about a month after this happened?

I just hope she's being sincere and not coerced, but I'm not confident that's the case.

They being anyone who is trying to downplay this whole situation.

He's her golden ticket. She knows if she screws him over, she's losing herself. I dont agree with that mindset, but then again I'm not in their situation either.

From Deadspin: " According to Peter King, among others, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had access to the full video, including the clip you see above, as he weighed punishment for Rice."

Edit: Just saw wake20's post. #scooooop

Hope he is screwed. There's a special place for jerks like him.

They being anyone who is trying to downplay this whole situation.

He's her golden ticket. She knows if she screws him over, she's losing herself. I dont agree with that mindset, but then again I'm not in their situation either.

That's the financial coercion I meant.

Back