• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL IN ON MY CAVS

MY CAVS?

• Total voters
i'm already convinced blatt is gonna be a stud. if coaching matters (which is clearly does) i don't see how you can get onto LBJ for not winning in cleveland when his coach was that donk mike brown. MY CAVS are gonna be fun as hell to watch.

i'm already convinced blatt is gonna be a stud. if coaching matters (which is clearly does) i don't see how you can get onto LBJ for not winning in cleveland when his coach was that donk mike brown. MY CAVS are gonna be fun as hell to watch.

Blatt seems hella legit.

Plus, Wiggins is gonna be a lot less expensive than Love over the next few years. I think he can be a very good perimeter defender right away and develop his offense in time with LeBron. I would trade Waiters for a defensive big and sign some shooters like Mike Miller.

This is a nonsensical concept. It's not about one guy versus another guy. It's about the team's budget. To get love they will be dumping the albatross of Anthony Bennett's salary and the redundant salary of Tristan Thompson.

No sane GM/coach would choose getting a 25yo perennial All Star, Top 5 rebounder, Top 5-10 scorer over a "potentially" very good player.

This is a nonsensical concept. It's not about one guy versus another guy. It's about the team's budget. To get love they will be dumping the albatross of Anthony Bennett's salary and the redundant salary of Tristan Thompson.

No sane GM/coach would choose getting a 25yo perennial All Star, Top 5 rebounder, Top 5-10 scorer over a "potentially" very good player.

In the abstract, that's really stupid. Rewind that comment to 2003, and how many folks would take whoever was the Love of that time period for a rookie LBJ?

I get your point DF07 but Wiggins has more question marks than LeBron did, doesn't he?

I get your point DF07 but Wiggins has more question marks than LeBron did, doesn't he?

No question. That's why I said "in the abstract". I think there is a lot to be said for having cap flexibility, and the potential to keep Wiggins, especially with 2015 FA. I wouldn't think GMs would unanimously give up Wiggins for Love. I'm confident that Buford would probably keep Wiggins.

Last edited:
The Cavs potentially have Lebron and the next big thing 10 years younger on the same roster. You don't mess with that.

Agree to disagree I guess. Bennett's contract has a team option after next season. They could just dump him if he doesn't show improvement. I wouldn't trade the potential of Wiggins for Love. Yes, Love is a great offensive player with so-so defense, but I don't really think the Cavs are in dire need of him, especially when you take into account the money they will have to pay him. Between LeBron, Kyrie, Wiggins, and Thompson, you have a very good offensive core there. Like I said earlier, I think Wiggins will be able to be a very good perimeter defender immediately, and playing with LeBron should really help his offensive game. With Wiggins on his rookie deal and not having to pay Love a max contract, they could use that extra money to add some shooters and defenders for their bench.

Last edited:
Wiggins isn't a potentially good player. He's a potentially transcendent player. There's a difference.

Also, 2 of the following 3 (Waiters, Thompson, Bennett) and a 1st rder is a fine offer for Love. Minnesota will come around. It's better than anything else they're going to get, unless GSW ups the ante.

No question. That's why I said "in the abstract". I think there is a lot to be said for having cap flexibility, and the potential to keep Wiggins, especially with 2015 FA. I wouldn't think GMs would unanimously give up Wiggins for Love. I'm confident that Buford would probably keep Wiggins.

This isn't "an abstract". Plus there is no comparison between Lebron and Wiggins.

Buford would not keep Wiggins vs. a 25 yo Love. There is nothing close to a guarantee about Wiggins. There is about Love.

You might have an argument if Love 30 or 31, but he's 25 and already a huge star.

Also, 2 of the following 3 (Waiters, Thompson, Bennett) and a 1st rder is a fine offer for Love. Minnesota will come around. It's better than anything else they're going to get, unless GSW ups the ante.

To fit in the same salary slot, they would have to give up all three. With Wiggins, the Cavs should be able to keep at least two of their three 1st Round picks for next year. Without Wiggins, the Cavs might have to give up two of the three 1st Round picks.

To fit in the same salary slot, they would have to give up all three. With Wiggins, the Cavs should be able to keep at least two of their three 1st Round picks for next year. Without Wiggins, the Cavs might have to give up two of the three 1st Round picks.

They have the trade exception from the Jack trade so they only have to give up 2 pieces (out of AB, Wiggins, Waiters, TT) to make it work salary wise

Wiggins isn't a potentially good player. He's a potentially transcendent player. There's a difference.

Gene Mauch used to say, "Potential gets you fired."

We know Love is one of the best rebounders of the past twenty years. We know that he can score 25ppg. We know he's one of the greatest outlet passers ever.

How many players have averaged 24/12 (twice-in his past two healthy season) in the past thirty years? Last year he added 4.4 apg on a bad Minnesota team.

Tim had 25.5/12.7/3.7 and 23.3/12.3/3.9. I wonder how many others have.

Wiggins would have to be a "transcendent player" to be a little better. That's a huge gamble to take.

As I suspected, Wikipedia confirms that Gene Mauch is a dead person.

While GM RJ ranting and raving is fun theatre, the Cavs have reportedly told Wiggins' camp they aren't going to trade him. That's our current reality. And based off of their (reported) initial offer for Love of Bennett, Thompson and a no. 1, they probably think they can pull off a trade without including Maple Jordan. There's good reason for that - Minnesota has no leverage whatsoever.

For once, a Cleveland front office isn't being held hostage by the moment. Minnesota will come around to something like Waiters/Thompson/no. 1 pick, because they have to. GSW ain't trading Klay Thompson, and Boston's not going to come up with anything close to even Cleveland's initial offer. Just a matter of time.

Last edited:
The problem RJKarl, is you are comparing Love/Wiggins as players and not assets. Look at it from Minny's perspective: Love is a free agent in 11 months and is then gone. Wiggins has (pretty much) 7-8 years of team control left if he turns out to be good.

Minnesota hasn't gotten an offer near the quality of Wiggins for Love yet. Teams just aren't giving foundational pieces for a guy that is a FA in 11 months. The best they have gotten is Dray Green/Barnes/1st (and have to take Lee's lol contract) or a couple middling 1sts

It'd be like choosing between a Porsche that you have to return to the dealership in 11 months and a brand new car that you can keep for 7-8 years. And you keep saying stuff like ¨But the Porsche can go faster!!¨

If they can keep Wiggins and get Love, that's good.

The reality is Wiggins isn't a sure thing. Love is. As an "asset", I'll take a guy who is going to be an All Star for my team for the 5-8 years over a guy a might become one.

It's not like the "asset" who is Wiggins is a bar of gold that has a defined value. What if he's just a really good defender and never develops a three point shot?

An asset that is of non-defined value, only potential should not be treasured as much one who is and will be at least a borderline superstar.

Wiggins could become great. Love is great and hasn't even reached his prime yet.

Give me five years of the "asset" Kevin Love playing the next five with the "asset" Lebron James EVERY TIME over Lebron and Wiggins.

If they can keep Wiggins, it would be GREAT! If it's keep Wiggins and no Love, you've got to trade Wiggins.

kzns2mg.jpg

False

He looks like he's dressed for the first day of school. WTF Timmy.

Back