• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazon Movies...

Dkin

Reaction score
Trying to maximize the value of my Amazon Prime membership (I know about 2 day shipping, etc.).

1) What are the key differences between Amazon's Movie/TV services vs that of Netflix?

2) Amazon Instant Video...what are some gems you've found?

Shocked that the Pit is without opinion regarding a company so wildly successful as Amazon...

Amazon's streaming library is not anywhere near as extensive as the Netflix library. Also have to consider Netflix is getting into exclusive content, such as the return of Arrested Development.

I have Amazon Instant on my Roku, but I haven't used it enough to really say what is there and what isn't. One advantage is the ability to rent movies from Amazon (useful with the Roku), but it's badly overpriced for HD content ($4.99).

I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas. Is the lending library worth the Prime membership? If my wife also has a Kindle, can we use the same account for the lending library on both devices?

Prime movies are very very limited. I have prime for the shipping advantages living in a small town, and the movie selection is pretty much awful.

I'm getting a Kindle for Christmas. Is the lending library worth the Prime membership? If my wife also has a Kindle, can we use the same account for the lending library on both devices?

Yes, you can share a Prime membership with up to 4 other members of your "household", linking all of their individual Amazon accounts to the membership. Just linked my wife to mine so she could use the shipping for Christmas gifts.

Yes, you can share a Prime membership with up to 4 other members of your "household", linking all of their individual Amazon accounts to the membership. Just linked my wife to mine so she could use the shipping for Christmas gifts.

So, in theory, we could share this with my mom in Wilmington also?

In theory...I don't know if they care about addresses, etc when it comes to shipping, but I doubt it. Could always send as a "gift".

The Lending Library is fairly limited. If you already have/use your Prime membership, it's a nice feature, but I wouldn't get a Prime membership just for the lending library.

I had no idea you could share a Prime membership. I just sent my mom an invitation to share mine so we'll see how it works. Thanks for the heads-up, Racer.

Any good books for Amazon prime rentals? I got the List. Very mediocre. Easy enough read thats somewhat entertaining but not very well written.

We did Hunger Games and Catching Fire for December+January rentals. They're page-turners and easy reads.

Back