• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

An open apology

Junebug

Reaction score
My posts over the past few days/weeks have been unnecessarily incendiary. Although I've lurked on the board for a while, I've never posted on an internet message board before. I started posting because I try to stay on top of Supreme Court jurisprudence, about which I have a conservative view that is closely aligned with Scalia and/or Thomas, depending on the issue, and I felt like I had something to add to the board in that regard. I also think there is some genuinely intelligent (and funny) dialogue going on here. I suppose I knew my views would be rejected, but I guess I thought it would be an interesting debate.

Looking back over my posts from the past few days/weeks, however, I realize that I let my anger get the best of me. In my anonymity, said some mean things. (I've probably read too many Scalia dissents.) So, this thread is an open apology for my caustic behavior. I would like for the discourse in which I'm involved to be civil, and, going forward, as soon as I feel myself directing anger at the poster instead of addressing the idea, I will do my best to shut it down. The same is true for any anger directed at me. This is undoubtedly the best environment for the exchange of ideas.

Anyway, I know this is all very self-indulgent, especially for a new poster, but I felt like I needed to try to hit the "reset" button before going on.

Thanks for making it this far.

likewise. "reset" button pushed for you as well.

Don't worry, the statists will call you plenty of nasty names if you criticize their world view. Be ready to counter with brief, concise profanity illustrating the stupidity of statist rhetoric.

Don't worry, the statists will call you plenty of nasty names if you criticize their world view. Be ready to counter with brief, concise profanity illustrating the stupidity of statist rhetoric.

Yeah it's fun to watch these nuts implode.

Junebug, ignore our resident trolls in the previous two posts. I appreciate your apology and look forward to your discussion.

Junebug, it takes a big man to post what you did. I want you to do a little exercise when you long on to the boards. Repeat this:

"I'm going to make good posts today. Because I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me."

If more people took this sort of responsibility on the political boards, it might be readable. Well done.

I'm fairly certain that 98% of people who post here would get along just fine at tailgates, I know a ton of these people and they have at least met me, etc.

As far as the other 2%, they wouldn't show up.

its a message board. have fun and don't take it too seriously. your posts are fine, man. don't worry about it. anyone who let's a "mean" post bother them needs to seriously evaluate what they deem important in life.

I'm fairly certain that 98% of people who post here would get along just fine at tailgates, I know a ton of these people and they have at least met me, etc.

As far as the other 2%, they wouldn't show up.

This.

The good thing about the [Redacted] debate is that it's a LOT easier to ignore than political commercials.

Back