• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

An Open Letter to Restaurants

i feel there might be a schism between the people posting and types of restaurants they're talking about

i never, ever substitute. it's not a substitution problem. it's things like sides getting mixed up. i've even had the entirely wrong entree brought before.

2rfbpt0.png

6) enough with the flashy websites that make it impossible to find the menu and take forever to load.

Last edited:
Yeah I think my 4 summers waiting tables just has me in leaving 20% mode no matter what and not caring if something isn't ideal

I have to say it does tick me off when they reach for my plate and I still have a few bites left. Just because I am sitting here for a minute and not actively eating doesn't mean I am done. Then your choices are either (i) look like a rude pig and say, "no, I am not done with that, now back off" or (ii) just let them take it, leaving you to wonder forever whether those last bites were the best bites of all... They do it with beer too sometimes, taking one with a swallow or two left when they bring the new one... Are you serious right now?

Someone taught me a phrase once: "I'm still working on it" have to say its changed my entire life

Food poisoning a few hours later really grinds my gears. I like it when they take my plate, assuming I have pushed it to the side. Don't like it when they don't write down orders - they get it wrong too often.

Yeah I think my 4 summers waiting tables just has me in leaving 20% mode no matter what and not caring if something isn't ideal

I have been in the Restaurant Business for almost 30 years and I will not leave a good tip if I get bad Service. I will however leave a fantastic tip for above average service.

#1 nails it for me. A loud restaurant is a huge turnoff, unless its just crowd noise which is understandable esp if its a great place.

But places that rock out, for instance FLIP in Atlanta, wayyyyy too loud. Not only is the food overrated there, but the music is unbearable.

I have been in the Restaurant Business for almost 30 years and I will not leave a good tip if I get bad Service. I will however leave a fantastic tip for above average service.

This. Having worked in restaurants it really makes me aware of how much or little effort someone puts into serving you food. Why should I give extra money to someone who doesn't give a crap about the quality of their work?

The whole "I'm not writing this down" shit has to end.

I have nothing to add except that everything they serve at Cheesecake Factory sucks except for the cheesecake. I wish I could get my kids to understand that.

I have nothing to add except that everything they serve at Cheesecake Factory sucks except for the cheesecake. I wish I could get my kids to understand that.

Dude, they ain't paying. Go somewhere better.

Perhaps I should have clarified. This article and the issues addressed are for real restaurants. You know, like dining? I don't give a fuck if the service sucks or they clear my plate when I'm eating at some choke n' puke restaurant having a couple of beers and a burger. But when I go to eat and I'm going to drop $150 on the deal I don't want some motherfucker snatching my plate while my date is still eating. I just don't, I hate that shit. And I don't want my conversation interrupted 3 times to tell 3 different jackwagon busboys that I'm not done. That shit is irritating. I dig that some of you are so evolved and too cool to let this bother you, maybe I'll get there one day. ;)

Back