• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another AD Human Shield?

Eh, Skip used to coach a church basketball team in Winston that my church used to STOMP on the reg. He'd try to like sweet talk the refs and shit as his team was getting DEBACLED. Not impressed.

Don't disparage Wake Forest greats with church league stories no one cares about.

"Brown, who still holds the school record for field goals made, is the fourth member of Wake Forest’s Sports Hall of Fame now working for the athletics department. He joins women’s basketball coach Jen Hoover, assistant men’s basketball coach Randolph Childress and Bill Merrifield, the Deacon Club’s director of regional development."

Come on guys, I have waited as long as I can for someone to point out the obvious omission of Rusty. Skip is the 5th member of the WFU HOF working for the AD. They screwed up their own PR.

"Brown, who still holds the school record for field goals made, is the fourth member of Wake Forest’s Sports Hall of Fame now working for the athletics department. He joins women’s basketball coach Jen Hoover, assistant men’s basketball coach Randolph Childress and Bill Merrifield, the Deacon Club’s director of regional development."

Come on guys, I have waited as long as I can for someone to point out the obvious omission of Rusty. Skip is the 5th member of the WFU HOF working for the AD. They screwed up their own PR.

Institutionalized incompetence will prevent being held accountable.

I noticed that too and wondered if Rusty had left and I had missed it. Pretty sad omission given all he did as a multi-sport player.

It's sad that we've gotten to the point where someone like Skip Brown can join the staff and the board reax with cynicism instead of excitement. I understand why it happens and all, but still. Skip was Wake's star player when I first started following the team and ACC basketball. I remember watching him play and trying to shoot like him when I would go to the Y. Given his financial background, I was really happy to see him join the staff. I'm hoping he's going to do great things for Wake.

Skip is one of my all-time faves. From my hometown and my mom taught him in high school. hate to see him roped into this mess.

Me too. Watched him play in the state high school title game at UT when he played for Buck Van Huss at Dobyns-Bennett. He had committed to Wake and all the people in the state of Tennessee hated it because he didn't go to UT to play college basketball. I was a high school junior and knew I was going to Wake. Then a few years later I used to ride home with Skip or Dan Moody to Kingsport to see my aunts & uncles. Skip is one of my favorite all-time players!

Don't disparage Wake Forest greats with church league stories no one cares about.

Well if he didn't act like a cocky POS, who thought everyone should suck his dick because he played at Wake 30 years ago, every time we played them, I wouldn't have.

Last edited:
Back