• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Season Going Nowhere Fast - Dan Collins MTOW

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
"As the Deacons pitched headlong to their sixth straight defeat, my mind admittedly began to wonder. I've seen this game so many times in Jeff [Redacted]'s tenure at Wake and, based on the way these past three weeks have gone, I'm destined to see it at least three or four times before his fourth season as the Deacons' coach mercifully ends."

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...0e8-991a-11e3-b971-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

"I told them that people are always doubting,'' [Redacted] said. "We live in a negative society. I told them that. They're on Obama. They're on LeBron. They're on everybody. Everybody's got an opinion about something."

"I told them that people are always doubting,'' [Redacted] said. "We live in a negative society. I told them that. They're on Obama. They're on LeBron. They're on everybody. Everybody's got an opinion about something."

[Redacted] is college basketball's Obama. [Redacted] is all of basketball's LeBron. Fact.

"We've got great character guys in that room. There are a lot of people in this world who are front-runners. (I told them) `You're not that way because you're good people. So believe in yourself, but strive. Your character is revealed in difficult times. We still have a winning record (14-12) so you're winners. So let's just all strive to get a little bit better.''

This is the stuff of 1000 inspirational cat posters and youth league soccer halftime pep talks.

I change my mind - Jeff [Redacted] is a good dude.

Buzzdicklick keeps harping on a winning record. Surely that isn't the expectation in year 4 of the Era Of Unwiped Ass. Gee, guys. Let's play a bunch of scrubs OOC and have a shitty record against a horrible ACC, and then all feel good about ourselves because we finished 16-15.

He said something similar on the post game radio, but IIRC he used the word bandwagon. Sounded like he was taking a shot at the fans that are off the bandwagon now.

I remember the post game interview when he had just won his 14th. He was giddy with excitement since he was already over 13 so early in the season.

Travis was equally uninspiring in the post game 'we've just got to get better', we play well for 35 minutes and 5 minutes kills us.

So if players and coaches are winners if they have a winning record, what does that make Bz given his last seven seasons and career record?

He said something similar on the post game radio, but IIRC he used the word bandwagon. Sounded like he was taking a shot at the fans that are off the bandwagon now.

I remember the post game interview when he had just won his 14th. He was giddy with excitement since he was already over 13 so early in the season.

Travis was equally uninspiring in the post game 'we've just got to get better', we play well for 35 minutes and 5 minutes kills us.

Someone needs to tell him there aren't any bandwagon fans left. Maybe if he could give them a pep talk they'd hop back on the Titanic.

"But as I'm sitting here in my swanky accommodations hard" Stopped reading, then vomited.

I didn't understand that line either. Surely he wasn't referencing an erection.

How would Bz know whether or not Wake fans are critical? He doesn't read the paper, watch the news, follow the internet...

At least now he's blaming the fans and laying off the players a bit.

Buzzdicklick keeps harping on a winning record. Surely that isn't the expectation in year 4 of the Era Of Unwiped Ass. Gee, guys. Let's play a bunch of scrubs OOC and have a shitty record against a horrible ACC, and then all feel good about ourselves because we finished 16-15.

I don't begrudge the guy having a winning record before he bids farewell and goes off into the sunset. This is likely his last job so I assume he wants to retire on an upnote (small that it may be) for his psyche and self esteem. I think it is about his ego rather than Wake's expectations

"The Terps were 7-9 in the conference in 2010-11, 6-10 in 2011-12 and 8-10 in 2012-13. And they were 7-0 those three years against the Deacons, meaning a third of their ACC wins came against one team."

Lame. Bzz will be missed, just not by Wake fans.

The frontrunner stuff is fucking bullshit. The people who have been most critical of Buzz are the true-blue diehard fans. All the "frontrunner" fans quit giving a shit about Wake Forest basketball years ago.

Beyond that, how could anyone expect that to fire up our guys to steal one in Maryland? Dude must be the least motivational coach of all time.

"We still have a winning record (14-12) so you're winners. So let's just all strive to get a little bit better.''

Wow... let's strive for mediocrity! What a great message. No wonder this team folds so quickly under pressure, even their coach is telling them they are a bottom half ACC team at best.

Does anybody support Bz anymore? Bueller?

When we lose the next three are we going to get the "Bad news guys.......you are all losers now" speech?

Back