• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any Northern VA / VA traffic lawyers out there?

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
I got a 44 in a 25 today. This is the first speeding ticket I have received in 15 years (I think). The cop was headed down the opposite side of the road as me, I was in between two cars and he whipped around and pulled me over. I did not realize I was going as fast as he said I was going (just following the car in front of me) but I guess their radar guns work going against their target as well (according to Google). I was in my company car and I REALLY need to see if I can do something. My company is coming down hard on speeding tickets. What should I do?

Anyone??? What good is to be associated with the Wake community if a brother can't get some legal representation?

No recs, but when I got a similar ticket in Arlington a few years ago they had a system where you could go in and plead it down to a no points <10 mph over infraction. At the beginning of the traffic calendar the Judge suggested people go across the hall to meet with the Commonwealth's Attorney to negotiate a resolution. Might be worth some googling if you haven't already.

Talk to the commonwealth atty/solicitor.

Don't speed.

Back