• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

anyone watching Jersey Shore tonight?

No Always Sunny or Beavis & Butthead so I'm wide open. Reluctantly, I am in.

I got nothing else going on, my list of DVR'd shows is down to like 3, can't trim my roster down any more.

At this point it's become like Entourage for me. It's the same stupid shit over and over again, but I want to see what happens next and hope I get a couple laughs here and there.

I'm tired of these people. They should cast 8 new crazy ass people and start putting the old JS cast members in challenges.

The world has long awaited Rony vs CT

I don't think Ronnie would stand a chance. The dude has got to be like 5'8". and his muscles are all for show. CT trains for challenges, and he has to be well over 6 feet tall

I'm tired of these people. They should cast 8 new crazy ass people and start putting the old JS cast members in challenges.

Bill Simmons did a podcast a couple of months ago with the dude he always talks to about reality tv (can't remember his name). He had the best idea ever for how to make this show better. I mean I thought it was unbelievable how good it is.

His idea would be to film the original cast at the JS during the same period that they are filming another house with a new cast. Get the usual stereotypes for the new cast, but make them a little bit younger and a little bit better looking (and obviously get someone a little more meatheaded and stronger than Ronnie). Then broadcast them as two separate shows. Obviously there would be crossover moments, because the original cast would want to check out the new cast to establish their dominance, while the new cast would want to challenge them. This allows them to spice up the original cast for a season or two before phasing them out and letting the new group take over. So many great possibilities there.

Bill Simmons did a podcast a couple of months ago with the dude he always talks to about reality tv (can't remember his name). He had the best idea ever for how to make this show better. I mean I thought it was unbelievable how good it is.

His idea would be to film the original cast at the JS during the same period that they are filming another house with a new cast. Get the usual stereotypes for the new cast, but make them a little bit younger and a little bit better looking (and obviously get someone a little more meatheaded and stronger than Ronnie). Then broadcast them as two separate shows. Obviously there would be crossover moments, because the original cast would want to check out the new cast to establish their dominance, while the new cast would want to challenge them. This allows them to spice up the original cast for a season or two before phasing them out and letting the new group take over. So many great possibilities there.

Didn't listen to that Jacoby-Simmons podcast. Jacoby always has good ideas. That would work... at this point I would take anything to get some new blood. I mean think about how many great 20-something meathead Jerseyites are out there waiting to act like assholes on TV for our entertainment purposes. Snookie and friends are over the hill. Their group dynamic has reached its terminus.

Didn't listen to that Jacoby-Simmons podcast. Jacoby always has good ideas. That would work... at this point I would take anything to get some new blood. I mean think about how many great 20-something meathead Jerseyites are out there waiting to act like assholes on TV for our entertainment purposes. Snookie and friends are over the hill. Their group dynamic has reached its terminus.

yeah, they've reached a point where some of them have just become friends, and then they just dislike mike. all the drama seems to come from outside of the house (boyfriends of the girls, etc).
at least that's how it seemed when i stopped watching in italy.

this is the last season, right? i feel like i owe it to these idiots to see this thing through....

I had to bail halfway during the third season. Too much Sammie and Ronnie BS - even the "interesting" stuff was just a rehash of shit they'd already done.

Snooki makes me want to kill myself. She made the show unbearable in Italy.

Replace them. The Shore is full of 'em.

Back