• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone who feels bad for Butler...

WFU03

Reaction score
...should have to look at this picture:

wake_scoreboard_2001.jpg

and read this story until that feeling goes away.

http://www.1070thefan.com/butler/wakeforest.aspx

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The NCAA tournament, a dream come true for most teams, turned into a nightmare for Wake Forest.

"This was beyond my worst nightmare," Rafael Vidaurreta said.

The seventh-seeded Deacon Demons (19-11) had the lowest-scoring half in any NCAA tournament game since the introduction of the shot clock in 1985-86, hitting only 3-of-25 while falling behind Butler 43-10 in the Midwest Regional Friday.

i don't pity them at all... but showing that is not okay.

hahah.

It was 10 years ago, be pissed at Odom and that team that shit all over the floor, not Butler who simply kicked our ass.

butler will be getting no sympathy from wake fans anytime soon. those donks just got to back to back final fours out of nowhere, why would we ever ever ever feel bad for them?

hahah.

It was 10 years ago, be pissed at Odom and that team that shit all over the floor, not Butler who simply kicked our ass.

This. For the gazillionth time, this.

That team was about 99.9% mentally checked out. Had been for a while. The 2010-2011 Deacs would have been up on that team by 20 at half.

Who said they felt bad for Butler? They lost a game in which they played atrociously.

Boy, I bet ya Brad Stevens is kicking himself for not jumping ship!

That team was about 99.9% mentally checked out. Had been for a while. The 2010-2011 Deacs would have been up on that team by 20 at half.

Let's not get carried away...

How about we add Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, Kansas, FSU, Auburn, WVU, and Illinois to that list? All teams who have, at one time or another, handed Wake horrible losses. And all in the past. There are quite a few subway fans of some of those teams on these boards.

i liked 1995 and 1996, so i will never hate odom

Not sure about this year's team beating them by 20 but I agree with the sentiment.

i liked 1995 and 1996, so i will never hate odom

And yeah who can hate Odom? He's the only coach to do anything remotely successful at Wake during my lifetime.

My story on that game:

I was flying home from Colorado and was at the tiny Vail airport during that game. The public terminal didn't have any TVs but apparently the private one (through a door) did and they were showing the games. I asked the guy at the door if I could watch while waiting. He was a huge dick and said I couldn't go in and watch (somewhat understandable) or even stand near the door where I could see from the public side (completely unreasonable). I argued for five minutes and he wasnt having it. Finally I asked him for the score of the wake game and he told me it was 43-10 Butler at the half. I told him whatever the 13 year old in an airport with his parents version of "fuck off" was and went back to my gate. Got home, watched the tape, felt sick. My hatred for Butler is more tied to that guy than anything else.

Back