• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apple WWDC (6/11)

PotentPotables

Reaction score
iOS6 and OSX mountain lion being demoed today.

Also, the Mac lineup is most likely being updated.

There's been talk of an appleTV update as well, including an SDK to allow developers to make apps for the TV. As a non-subscriber to cable/satellite, i really hope this is true. I cut cable a couple months ago, and will likely never go back, but i'd really like some more options from my apple tv... the xbox interface for video apps like hulu and hbo go is so clumsy.

If the Apple TV SDK happens, it could be the biggest introduction since the iPhone. If content developers could market their specific content as apps a la carte, it would change television as we know it, and royally piss off the cable and satellite providers. That, to me, is the question: what providers are going to have the guts to develop with Apple?

If the Apple TV SDK happens, it could be the biggest introduction since the iPhone. If content developers could market their specific content as apps a la carte, it would change television as we know it, and royally piss off the cable and satellite providers. That, to me, is the question: what providers are going to have the guts to develop with Apple?

a la carte television would be fantastic.

That thing looks amazing... And it's gonna be $3k or more pimped out.

$2,199 is actually lower than I was expecting... Which is sad.

Maybe I can talk my company into buying me one...

$2,199 is actually lower than I was expecting... Which is sad.

Maybe I can talk my company into buying me one...

It's definitely aimed at a specific market. Seems like they're basically replacing the Mac Pro with this laptop. The Air is the consumer grade machine, the new pro is for just that: pros.

It's definitely aimed at a specific market. Seems like they're basically replacing the Mac Pro with this laptop. The Air is the consumer grade machine, the new pro is for just that: pros.

If it's for pros, shouldn't there be a Quadro option instead of just GeForce? Not very good for rendering, despite the RAM and processor.

Doesn't look like we're getting a "one more thing" / AppleTV SDK today.

1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png

No Apple TV SDK. That's a huge disappointment. It must not be ready for prime time just yet. Maybe it will show up along side the iPhone 5 this fall.

And someone at work put in a request for a new MacBook Pro with the Retina display so I'll be ordering it as soon as I can.

For all the people that say the new thing looks amazing, as a non-mac owner and someone in the market for a new laptop, why should I get one?

For all the people that say the new thing looks amazing, as a non-mac owner and someone in the market for a new laptop, why should I get one?

The new Pro? Ivy Bridge processor, solid state memory, and a display that contains 3 million more pixels than the highest resolution HDTV. The reason not to? It's fucking expensive as hell.

Back