• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart ineligible to play for USC

The reality is Bob Knight was virtually irrelevant for his last 14 seasons. He made 2 Sweet Sixteens and lost in the first round of The Dance six times.

Just read this thread. Wow. Quite the thread. And couldn't get past page 1 on TOB. Why is it not possible for the morons on TOB to comprehend that Ari made his own bed and squandered his chances and at the same time comprehend that Buzzdick is the worst coach in college hoops?

Last edited:
Just read this thread. Wow. Quite the thread. And couldn't get past page 1 on TOB. Why is it not possible for the morons on TOB to comprehend that Ari made his own bed and squandered his chances and at the same time comprehend that Buzzdick is the worst coach in college hoops?

Drinking Wellman's self-serving swill interferes with understanding.

Embarrassed Ari ever laced 'em up for Wake Forest. Pretty solid crow to eat for all the posters who predicted wild success for Ari as soon as he got out of our program...

Don't remember many (if any) predicting big time success for Ari. I do remember people predicting JTT to go on to achieve pretty good success elsewhere.

Don't remember many (if any) predicting big time success for Ari. I do remember people predicting JTT to go on to achieve pretty good success elsewhere.

Yeah. I'd like to see some evidence of DC's post.

Ari was still a major contributor on the last big road wins for a Wake basketball team. Of course that was 4 years ago.

Ph - you're one of the biggest proponents of the idea that [Redacted] didn't inherit a broken program - that he had talent in JTT, Ari, and Ty. So you are your own evidence to start. Then there are these:

"I think he's finally going to get a coach who can build on the promise of his first year at Wake and maximize his potential."
" I think it's unfortunate that Ari Stewart and JT Terrell have had trouble finding a good situation."
"Fact: Ari Stewart will make a D-League roster."
"Ari Stewart did what exactly? Perhaps it's the coach that didn't know how to handle the kids."
"That's awesome! And it's true. I bet Ari makes the tourney before Wake does.."
"High potential, didn't pan out, transfers elsewhere and explodes."

Those don't seem like predicting "wild success" to me except maybe the last one.

Nice use of hindsight bias. Almost all of us were excited about Ari after his freshman year for good reason. He had a promising freshman year.

You're really stretching. You made an outrageous statement and got called on it.

Ph - you're one of the biggest proponents of the idea that [Redacted] didn't inherit a broken program - that he had talent in JTT, Ari, and Ty. So you are your own evidence to start. Then there are these:

"I think he's finally going to get a coach who can build on the promise of his first year at Wake and maximize his potential."

He got Enfield too late. There's still life potential, too, yanno.

" I think it's unfortunate that Ari Stewart and JT Terrell have had trouble finding a good situation."

They have found one now! Too late for Ari, but JT is probably going to look good playing for Enfield.

"Fact: Ari Stewart will make a D-League roster."

Are you a psychic? There isn't any D-League ball happening right now last I checked... I actually wouldn't be surprised if Ari gets a tryout or two.

"Ari Stewart did what exactly? Perhaps it's the coach that didn't know how to handle the kids."

Is it not? What exactly did Ari "do" at Wake? I thought we'd established that it was nothing, and that he just wasn't very good at or interested in school.

"That's awesome! And it's true. I bet Ari makes the tourney before Wake does.."

There's still time for that and it's actually pretty likely given the PAC-12. Ari is academically ineligible, but he's still on the team.

---

What's your agenda exactly, DC? I just don't get it. [Redacted] is a bad coach and a bad mentor. Ari Stewart deserved a chance. Insiders have spoken to the fact that [Redacted] wasn't going to give him one. Multiple insiders have said that the players don't like him (outside of DG), and neither do the fans.

To follow on Ph's post: Ari Stewart was RSCI #44. He was a top-50 recruit who had awesome freshman season, and showed the potential to be REALLY good. If you weren't cheering for him at that point, then I don't know what to tell you.

Great freshman season? Good freshman season? Hadn't had my coffee yet.

That said and as nice as hindsight is, I really don't remember anybody complaining about Ari's freshman season.

I remember there being talk of Ari being a 2nd round pick after his frosh season. He didn't do much, but what he did, he did very well and that was shoot the ball.

I forgot how well he played in the preconference sophomore year. At new year's he was averaging 12.2 PPG and 6.4 RPG.

I remember there being talk of Ari being a 2nd round pick after his frosh season. He didn't do much, but what he did, he did very well and that was shoot the ball.

He was a good rebounder.

Last edited:
It's sad to watch those videos and be reminded yet again just how far we have fallen since our most recent coaching change.

What's your agenda exactly, DC? I just don't get it. [Redacted] is a bad coach and a bad mentor. Ari Stewart deserved a chance. Insiders have spoken to the fact that [Redacted] wasn't going to give him one. Multiple insiders have said that the players don't like him (outside of DG), and neither do the fans.

To follow on Ph's post: Ari Stewart was RSCI #44. He was a top-50 recruit who had awesome freshman season, and showed the potential to be REALLY good. If you weren't cheering for him at that point, then I don't know what to tell you.

Ha, what's my "agenda?" What is this, the politics nutjob board?

I have no agenda outside of rational discussion of Wake athletics. I drove down to Winston and watched Ari in one of his first games as a Deacon. He was rising up and hitting gorgeous 3 pointers, then drove the ball and threw one down with authority. I remember thinking he was going to be great, and watching him piss away such obvious talent over the next few years while disparaging and embarrassing Wake made me sick. Posters saying he and JTT were going to drop 50 on us or Ari would be like CJ and get a look at the D-league because he left Wake, that he'd "explode" or help USC make the tourney before us... I get that we'll do anything to shit on [Redacted], but supporting the kid while he talked shit about Wake and ditched the team while predicting he'd be successful? Sorry, but yeah, when he gets routine DNP's coaches decision under two coaches then can't make grades to even stay on the team - the posters who chose to support Ari and predict great things for him - whether it was to stick it to [Redacted] or just mock the shit-show the basketball program had become - can eat some crow now. That's it.

This McCarthyism-like need to pidgeonhole anyone who says something that could possibly be construed as pro-[Redacted] is really getting old. [Redacted] was a crap hire, but he isn't solely responsible for every bad turn that Wake has taken since Dino's final season. Ari failing elsewhere is proof of that - which I assume rattles the ultra anti-[Redacted] folks by merely pointing it out since the "wake was in great shape with highly ranked recruits like Ari, JTT, and Ty in the program when he arrived" is a calling card for many of them. But relax. It's not a pro-[Redacted] "agenda" or whatever you seem to think it is. [Redacted]'s record speaks for itself, and after he gets his promised 4th year if we're still terrible we can hopefully all rest easy.

The best way I can put it is that once [Redacted] is fired - if all fans take away from the past few years is that we made one bad coaching hire and that's the end-all be-all of the problem - then you've missed a lot of what really happened here. It's ok to admit that and at the same time want [Redacted] gone.

Ha, what's my "agenda?" What is this, the politics nutjob board?

I have no agenda outside of rational discussion of Wake athletics. I drove down to Winston and watched Ari in one of his first games as a Deacon. He was rising up and hitting gorgeous 3 pointers, then drove the ball and threw one down with authority. I remember thinking he was going to be great, and watching him piss away such obvious talent over the next few years while disparaging and embarrassing Wake made me sick. Posters saying he and JTT were going to drop 50 on us or Ari would be like CJ and get a look at the D-league because he left Wake, that he'd "explode" or help USC make the tourney before us... I get that we'll do anything to shit on [Redacted], but supporting the kid while he talked shit about Wake and ditched the team while predicting he'd be successful? Sorry, but yeah, when he gets routine DNP's coaches decision under two coaches then can't make grades to even stay on the team - the posters who chose to support Ari and predict great things for him - whether it was to stick it to [Redacted] or just mock the shit-show the basketball program had become - can eat some crow now. That's it.

This McCarthyism-like need to pidgeonhole anyone who says something that could possibly be construed as pro-[Redacted] is really getting old. [Redacted] was a crap hire, but he isn't solely responsible for every bad turn that Wake has taken since Dino's final season. Ari failing elsewhere is proof of that - which I assume rattles the ultra anti-[Redacted] folks by merely pointing it out since the "wake was in great shape with highly ranked recruits like Ari, JTT, and Ty in the program when he arrived" is a calling card for many of them. But relax. It's not a pro-[Redacted] "agenda" or whatever you seem to think it is. [Redacted]'s record speaks for itself, and after he gets his promised 4th year if we're still terrible we can hopefully all rest easy.

The best way I can put it is that once [Redacted] is fired - if all fans take away from the past few years is that we made one bad coaching hire and that's the end-all be-all of the problem - then you've missed a lot of what really happened here. It's ok to admit that and at the same time want [Redacted] gone.

I don't like being pigeonholed as McCarthyism-like or that anyone who disagrees with you thinks things were perfect under Dino.

I mean, you weren't the one who accused me of having some kind of agenda.

To part 2, once again you're trying to push arguments to extremes. Big difference between "things were perfect under Dino" - which I didn't say and nobody has said - and the idea that [Redacted] took over a program in excellent health, which many people have said and simply isn't true.

Dino inflicted damage, [Redacted] has inflicted damage, Wellman has inflicted damage, and we've been unlucky as hell. I have zero interest in getting into another "Dino left [Redacted] a tournament team and stellar recruiting class and he ran it into the ground" argument, so I'll leave it at that.

Back