• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Magazine's Top 20 Burgers in the ATL

Just having one distributor seems a little weird though... Especially if they have foreign franchises too

One US distributor is not strange at all. Chick-fil-A, obviously a much larger company, only utilizes a single US distributor (unless something has changed in the past few years).

The only fact on the list that actually strikes me as fun is the $3.8M / year for non-Manhattan Shake Shakes*. Here are the comparable for the 50 largest QSR / fast casual chains: http://www.qsrmagazine.com/reports/qsr50-2014-top-50-chart?sort=2013_avg_sales&dir=desc . Shake Shack's numbers will be pulled down as they start to infill metros, but QSR and even Chipotle have obvious advantages w/ speed to serve so surprising that Shake Shack can maintain the throughput to get to $3.8M w/ a menu that isn't, IIRC, particularly expensive.

*The payback period is a derivative of this number since their margins are pretty standard, and I assume their build-out costs are on the high end (which will also go down as they start to infill). The rest is pretty standard fluff that you'd find any virtually any S1 or 10k.

Last edited:
One US distributor is not strange at all. Chick-fil-A, obviously a much larger company, only utilizes a single US distributor (unless something has changed in the past few years).

Their distributor:

jesus_chick-fil-a.jpg

The one distributor is also to avoid what happened briefly to CFA when they tried to break into Mickey D's hometown Chicago. Mickey D's blocked all of their distribution efforts from local providers, so CFA went around all of that and now have had zero issues.

1-Bone's
2-Bocado
3-The Optimist
4-Miller Union
5-Holeman and Finch Public House
6-The Albert
7-H. Harper Station
8-Steinbeck's
9-One Eared Stag
10-Shake Shack
11-Pinewood Tippling Room
12-The Shed at Glenwood
13-The General Muir
14-Little's Food Store
15-Muss & Turner's
16-Wrecking Bar Brewpub
17-US Cafe
18-OK Cafe
19-The Earl
20-Grindhouse Killer Burgers

16-Wrecking Bar Brewpub

Is this place good?

Its a beer bar with better than normal food offerings. Sort of a weird location In the basement of a refurbished events hall a few blocks down from L5P.

If I am in L5P and want a craft beer and pub grub, though, I am hitting the Porter.

Its a beer bar with better than normal food offerings. Sort of a weird location In the basement of a refurbished events hall a few blocks down from L5P.

If I am in L5P and want a craft beer and pub grub, though, I am hitting the Porter.

When is your ass ever in L5P?

I love the Porter and plan to hit it up. Never LOVED their food though. Just liked. Then I saw Wrecking Pub and that it was in the area and thought maybe I'd work it in along with the One Eared Stag.

One Eared Stag is legit, although their menu is small and changes a lot, so you might catch them on a night when they don't have anything that really appeals to you. Their burger, the meatstick is super legit though. One of my favs.

Back