• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta's 790 The Zone Fires 3 hosts for mocking Steve Gleason's ALS (audio)

Nick Cellini & Steak Shapiro have always grated on my nerves. Back in the day I used to like Chris Dimino's show, but those 3 together were just obnoxious.

Fuck Steak Shapiro, fuck him hard.

This was a disgusting bit, but there's literally thousands of reasons to have fired him long before this. What an absolute ignorant hack.

Steak and Nick are bafoons. Hacks. Chris Dimino knows sports and can talk shop. I am certain he was not the mastermind behind this stupid bit, but he should have known better. The other two got what they should have got long ago.

Steak and Nick are bafoons. Hacks. Chris Dimino knows sports and can talk shop. I am certain he was not the mastermind behind this stupid bit, but he should have known better. The other two got what they should have got long ago.

If you listen, you can hear Dimino was very reluctant to participate and hardly said a word. I disagree with the decision to fire Dimino.

If you listen, you can hear Dimino was very reluctant to participate and hardly said a word. I disagree with the decision to fire Dimino.

Dimino also had an apology on FB that seemed very heartfelt. That said, I don't think you can fire 2 and not the 3rd...they're a team and if Dimino felt strongly against it, he should have stood up during the planning meeting and talked them into nixing the idea.

I've been a 790 listener since 99 and this was the exact right thing to do.

Will miss the show but this was inexcusable. Dimino should be hired right away, dude knows his baseball.

Let Steakie go do his faux foodie thing and I think we'll eventually hear that Nick murdered his entire family ala Benoit.

I just hope that someone hires Mike Bell, he's hysterical. Put him on the morning show on 680 and you might have something.

Otherwise, Atlanta sports talk radio just blows goats. Except for over night on 92.9 the Fan, esp Jim Murray. That guy is fantastic and knows his shit.

Normally I get and enjoy the 94 tags but I have to admit I have no clue what "94's relatives?" means.

Normally I get and enjoy the 94 tags but I have to admit I have no clue what "94's relatives?" means.

They think you're a bald obnoxious person? (they are way off, you aren't that bald)

Back