• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP - Charlotte Latin School

jccdeac

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Reaction score
Once again it is time to come to that fount of knowledge for all topics under the sun and ask the all-knowing Pit what they know about Charlotte Latin School. CLS currently has an Upper School Biology position open for next year that I'd like to share with some colleagues; however, I'd like to get some more info about the school before I do. I'd like to learn more about the faculty & admin, if possible, unless there is something unique about these students at this private school. of course, all info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Excellent school w an excellent reputation. My impression is that it has an affluent student body. Have several friends that send their kids there. Have one good friend that teaches there. My kids are not enrolled so I don't have 1st hand knowledge. However, not aware of any reason to back away from an opportunity to join the faculty.

All the kids I knew who went there from WF were pretty loaded.

Super rich school, super rich kids. It's the kind of place where people around the area that don't go there will hear something about it and comment on how awful and stuck up the people there are. Have family that went there and they are good people, but in general (well and even my family to an extent) they fit the stuck up rich people cliche to a T.

decades ago I had a math tutor (calculus...that shit is cray hard) that taught there and her daughter was a cheerleader at latin too. obviously we ended up hooking up, outside of tutoring of course. Anywho, when I was at her house for tutoring, we would sit at the dining room table. a couple of times the daughter, my hook up buddy, would walk halfway down the stairs that only I could see, behind her mothers back, and, wearing her cheer leading outfit, would lift her skirt and top, one or the other, to flash me as I was doing math problems with her mom. that shit is true too bro. I still crank it to those memories quite often.

decades ago I had a math tutor (calculus...that shit is cray hard) that taught there and her daughter was a cheerleader at latin too. obviously we ended up hooking up, outside of tutoring of course. Anywho, when I was at her house for tutoring, we would sit at the dining room table. a couple of times the daughter, my hook up buddy, would walk halfway down the stairs that only I could see, behind her mothers back, and, wearing her cheer leading outfit, would lift her skirt and top, one or the other, to flash me as I was doing math problems with her mom. that shit is true too bro. I still crank it to those memories quite often.

Given his avatar, I'm sure OP found this post most helpful.

Maybe your science teacher friend can tell the Latin girls the difference between coke and sidewalk chalk. Better yet, he can supplement his salary by selling them the latter.

I taught there as my first job out of WFU. Great place...and I'm a product of K-12 public schools. However, that's been almost 20 yrs.

It's a private school, so obviously the families are wealthy and there's a stigma that goes along with that. The wealthy thing won't be dramatically different at a host of other private schools in the Charlotte area....so let's not act like that's specific to CLS.

You will find that the facilities are outstanding and you'll get to focus on teaching and less time spent on discipline. When I taught there, my roommate was teaching at Garinger HS in Charlotte. I realize those are opposite extremes, but our jobs could not have been more different.

Again...it's been a while, but PM me if you want to know more.

Thanks, all....even Rubbins with his Calc tutor story. A couple people have PM'ed me but they can't receive my reply because their mailbox is full. If anyone knows anything about the current Headmaster & admin, I'd like to pass that along, if possible.

Back