• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Lake Gaston

LadyDeac03

Reaction score
Anyone spent time at Lake Gaston and have any advice or recommendations?

We typically go to Emerald Isle every summer with my fam, but due to various complications this summer, we're looking into some alternative options.

My mom just sent me a bunch of links from Homeaway/VRBO, but I have no concept of where anything is or if there's part of the lake that's better than other parts.

Are there any restaurants or anything nearby? When we go to the beach we typically eat out a lot. But when we used to have a house at Lake Anna, we pretty much always cooked at home since there weren't many restaurants. No idea what the Lake Gaston scene is.

Help appreciated!

Thanks!

Pretty average lake. No fun if you don't have a boat. No way I'd go on vacation there.

Nottaway Restaurant

I only know because they have a billboard by the lake.

I got married there last year. My wife's aunts and uncles have houses there and we have done some boating there in the summer. Pretty cool lake but not sure about it as a vacation destination unless you rent a house with a boat and like to ski/fish. Her cousin owns a marina there Ill PM you the name but its not gourmet food or anything.

Fun for a weekend if you have friends with a boat. Would NOT spend a week there.

Ha. I like the vaca in the middle of nowhere tag.

Yeah, I was surprised at the suggestion, but if it's a week I'm not at work and I can nap, eat, and be near sun and water, maybe it's not so bad.

Looked through some house options my mom sent and some actually look pretty cool.

When it comes down to it, I don't know that it would be that different from our beach trips. We don't go out partying or to bars at the beach. Pretty much just eat, sleep, and swim/lay out, and relax. Likely able to accomplish the same things here. And would probably look into renting a boat for the week (we had a pontoon, speedboat, and 2 seadoos at our Lake Anna house).

We've got a place up there. Pretty limited options in terms of dining/bars/entertainment, especially on the water. But it's a nice place to get away, especially if you've got access to a boat or two. I like to fish and there are plenty of options for that.

Watersview is a pretty good restaurant with, as you would expect, nice views of the lake and some nice outdoor seating. With a boat and a house with a nice lakeside deck/boathouse/outdoor bar, it could be a fun vacation.

I grew up with a house on Lake Gaston. Tons of fun, but we had a house, boats, jet skis, etc. I 100% would NOT go up there without a boat. Luckily enough, you can rent one.

There's one great house with a pool out front. If I were going to rent I'd go that way. It's called MacDaddy house. https://www.vrbo.com/294173

I might grab lunch from time to time up at Eaton Ferry Marina's restaurant. Otherwise, I'd cook.

There is a decent wakeboarding school up there. If you can't wakeboard taking a lesson from them one day could be fun.

Back