• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP - Shanghai and Tokyo

Liquid Karma

Eat a dick, hackers!
Staff member
Reaction score
So, I've got a business trip coming up that is going to have me spending 3 days each in Shanghai and Tokyo. Not entirely sure on location yet, and I'll only have a few hours each evening to see any sites/eat. What are some things I should try to fit in?

This is part of a bigger business trip that is going to be 3 weeks long and will have stops in Amsterdam (1 week) and India (1 week) as well, but I've been to both multiple times and have a good idea what to do when there.

I've never been to Tokyo, but if I do in the next couple years (before the owner dies) I would defs try and get into Sukiyabashi Jiro

I've never been to Tokyo, but if I do in the next couple years (before the owner dies) I would defs try and get into Sukiyabashi Jiro

Is that the guy from Jiro Dreams of Sushi?

He despises Americans though

I've heard you should actually go to his son's spot if you're a cracker

Damn, 6ish hours in Tokyo, and you don't really know where you'll start.

Umm...wow. That's really tough.

I feel like you probably want to divide that into two food centered days and one "go out and see something amazing" day. Electronics district and red light district, maybe?

Yeah, I wish it was more time. Still working on the itinerary, but I'll basically arrive on Wednesday, work Thursday and Friday and I presume I'll be taken out to eat by the clients, and then fly home Saturday. I'm trying to make it an early Wednesday arrival (not worried about jet lag since I'll be making a fairly short direct hop from Shanghai) and later Saturday departure to give myself more free time.

The itinerary for this trip is bonkers.

11/30 - GSO-->Amsterdam (get 2 full days off here)
12/5 - Amterdam-->Mumbai (one rest day)
12/12 - BOM-->Shanghai (one rest day)
12/16 - Shanghai-->Tokyo
12/19 - Tokyo-->GSO

About 20,000 miles total.

I won't be alone. I have a couple coworkers with me.

Where in Shanghai will your hotel be? It's so huge and you have so little time that being in Pudong or Puxi will make a pretty big difference.

I'll be in Pudong right next to the Lujiazui Central Green Space.

I'll be in Pudong right next to the Lujiazui Central Green Space.

When my parents lived in Shanghai my dad worked in Pudong but their apartment was in Xintiandi. Not sure if you have enough time to get over to Xintiandi, but it was a cool area - restaurants, bars, shopping, no cars, etc.

Back