• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Termites

demondeachem

Reaction score
So, we have a couple of swarms at the house now that the weather is warming up. They seem to have already made it into the walls, unfortunately. We had a guy treat around the entire base of the house and spray the beams in the basement two years back, but now I'm not sure it helped much.

Would appreciate any advice from folks who have had some experience with what to look for when talking to exterminators. The first step will be to have the original guy come back, but I'm not sure whether to trust his work at this point. We may just have assessed the problem poorly the first time around.

I'm on Long Island, so I doubt anyone can recommend specific companies, but fire away if you can.

Didn't the guy coming out warranty the house after he treated? That's the standard practice for termites.

Warranty is usually only for subterranean termites, not airborne ones. However, the airborne ones aren't usually as big of a problem. I'd advise calling out the original company and if they try to give you a runaround, get a second opinion.

Back