• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baltimore Grand Prix

TwentyONE

Reaction score
Anyone going this weekend?

http://baltimoregrandprix.com/

map.jpg

For an actual serious comment, going Friday and Saturday. Grandstands have been up for a few weeks now and last Friday got a good look at the bridge by section 20//22/23

For an actual serious comment, going Friday and Saturday. Grandstands have been up for a few weeks now and last Friday got a good look at the bridge by section 20//22/23

I'm going Friday for the practice runs. Where do you think the best place will be to post up? Will people be able to walk to Federal Hill from the harbor or do you think a lot of the roads will be closed off?

I'm going Friday for the practice runs. Where do you think the best place will be to post up? Will people be able to walk to Federal Hill from the harbor or do you think a lot of the roads will be closed off?

Its definitely going to be tricky, I didn't even think about that. It looks like that since there is an entrance by harborplace you should be able to walk along the harbor but you never know.

As far as place to go, might suggest near a corner with a straightaway so you can see the handling ability as well as the acceleration. I'm definitely going to try a ton of different spots and see what I like.

oh and of course, earplugs. running to home depot after work

I can't believe Target is still a sponsor in this series. What's more, they sponsoring two cars. Bizarre.

FYI, today is the first day downtown has gone on full race mode and traffic is reported as being absolutely horrendous. I'd guess tomorrow will be lighter with the holiday and people being told to work from home but keep it in mind.

Have some friends racing, but can't make it up.

FYI, today is the first day downtown has gone on full race mode and traffic is reported as being absolutely horrendous. I'd guess tomorrow will be lighter with the holiday and people being told to work from home but keep it in mind.

Fact. This morning was horrendous and I go in much later than rush hour.

Fact. This morning was horrendous and I go in much later than rush hour.

If I'm coming from the south, how would you suggest I get in to downtown? Is MLK Blvd open? I need to get like four blocks north of the inner harbor, on the other side of the track.

If I'm coming from the south, how would you suggest I get in to downtown? Is MLK Blvd open? I need to get like four blocks north of the inner harbor, on the other side of the track.

MLK off of 95 is closed I'm pretty sure. I might suggest something like Rt 40 off of Rt 1 or 695. That's a tough pathway you're going for and not one I'd want to take.

Want to go really bad but have to move Mrs. BSD out of her old apartment.

MLK off of 95 is closed I'm pretty sure. I might suggest something like Rt 40 off of Rt 1 or 695. That's a tough pathway you're going for and not one I'd want to take.

OK, thanks. Yeah, I think I will come up later tonight. Gonna wait for the traffic to die down. I have a hotel room downtown.

Are you at UMD or UB? Did you take Rt 40 to MLK and avoid 95?

UB; UMD is closed all week. MLK is open, but really congested. I probably should have done that but 95 wasn't backed up when I passed Caton, so I just stayed the course. It really didn't start until the 395/MLK split and was bad until 40.

I thought about taking Key to Light and going that way, but I'm pretty sure that would be just as bad.

You might have been slightly better off, but still woulda been screwed. Tomorrow with everything closed will be either a disaster or everyone will be smart and avoid everything.

I was at Slider's (right next to grandstand 23) when a car crashed right in front of us. So that was cool.

Grandstand #26 was cool to see the drivers come out of turn 12, take the chicane, then gun it down the main straightaway. Grandstands #8 and #9 you could see them speeding, breaking, taking the 180 turn, accelerating again, then zipping into turn 4. Some trees blocked the view of the 180 in grandstand 8 but of course it had the better view of turn 4. #22 had a decent angle on a high speed turn. #4 you could really see them flying then hit the breaks hard .And plenty of spots to stand along the track, my favorite was right after the chicane. Grandstand #8 was a favorite too. But to each his own, they all have their various uses.

Back