• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

From IAI's clip I noticed a few things (although Devin wasn't featured a lot)

- He passes out of the post, which usually takes big guys a while to learn.
- He got completely lost on defense on the inbounds play.
- Seems relatively quick off his feet for a bruiser.

#smallsamplesizedeac

I'll add that he doesn't appear anywhere near 6'9 (as has been tossed around occasionally), but I doubt many here actually thought he was that tall anyway.

I'll add that he doesn't appear anywhere near 6'9 (as has been tossed around occasionally), but I doubt many here actually thought he was that tall anyway.

Agreed, he didn't look 6'9 in the videos I have seen of him recently.

Of course, Buzz has Nikita playing the 5 spot right now, so 6'7 or whatever is plenty of size.

300624_10150318867066863_643391862_8413604_1263738998_n.jpg

This is from October (obvi the camera date wasn't quite right). Tree is also listed at 6'8 or 9 and they look about the same height.

Devin looks taller than Tree and supposedly has grown since the spring.

Who are we RECRUITING. Buzz said he is on the road after today recruiting. Poop sheet has us listed with virtually no one.

I know it's a small sample size, but watching the video of Devin makes me less convinced that he will be a big time contributor right away. Dunking on a what looks to be pretty inferior competition doesn't impress me very much. I do like that he tries to get into rebounding position and passes out of the post, though. He doesn't look like he has the size to really bang at the college level yet.

I know it's a small sample size, but watching the video of Devin makes me less convinced that he will be a big time contributor right away. Dunking on a what looks to be pretty inferior competition doesn't impress me very much. I do like that he tries to get into rebounding position and passes out of the post, though. He doesn't look like he has the size to really bang at the college level yet.

Pretty big jump to make without knowing how big his competition is. All the pics/info i've seen looks like he's about 6'9, plenty big to bang in the ACC.

6'8-9" 235 is plenty big enough. Mentality is the biggest part of it, and it sounds like he has it. We just need him to rebound his heart out and collect the easy ones in the post. Don't need him to be a scorer.

6'8-9" 235 is plenty big enough. Mentality is the biggest part of it, and it sounds like he has it. We just need him to rebound his heart out and collect the easy ones in the post. Don't need him to be a scorer.

Yea, I'm not worried about his size at all. You don't need to be 6'9 to play PF in college. I just tend to think Devin's listed height--like that of virtually every other HS basketball player in America--is inflated just a tad. From his video footage he looks like one of those solidly built, rugged PFs in the 6'7.5 range. I'll definitely take that.

Sean May was every bit of 6-5 if that matters.

6'7 actually but close. David Lee measures in at under 6'8 without shoes so Devin's height won't be an issue IMO. As others have said his demeanor and the way he plays are what matter the most. He's actually more athletic than I thought he was so I really think he will step in right away and get some PT.

6'7 actually but close. David Lee measures in at under 6'8 without shoes so Devin's height won't be an issue IMO. As others have said his demeanor and the way he plays are what matter the most. He's actually more athletic than I thought he was so I really think he will step in right away and get some PT.

Playing time my butt, Devin will get at least 28 minutes per game next year as he is better by far than anyone we presently have inside.

Playing time my butt, Devin will get at least 28 minutes per game next year as he is better by far than anyone we presently have inside.

Nah I completely agree, should have put start instead of PT.

I think four starting slots are spoken for:

CJ
Travis
Codi
Devin

The fifth spot is for the guy who is at least 6'7 and plays the best in preseason.

Back