• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Always love to see tweet exchanges like these:

@EAR_Jordan33
Aaron Rountree
Wake Forest has the 8th best in the country 2012 recruiting class as of right now according to @EvanDanielscout ! #WFUBasketball

@EvanDanielscout
Evan Daniels
@EAR_Jordan33 You're a big part of that. Congrats

Its a solid class as is. Really excited to see what those three can do.

But based on our needs, one bruiser (Thomas?), would really fill out this class.

I'm not looking back a lot of pages but it looks like Devin Thomas has Wake #1 and Penn State as #2:

"Thomas, who possesses a 6’11” wingspan, plans to decide on his college of choice by the end of the month. “Right now, I like Wake and I like Penn State and Temple too,” he said. “I could say Wake would be my favorite, them and Penn State. [When I decide] I would say the criteria would be if I didn’t play basketball."

Guess what today is???

Any news or updates on when some of these guys are gonna start committing?

If Jank is really up to 6'11, I'd love to have a guy that big with his skills.

Here:

"Stefan Jankovic, a 6-11 center from Huntington (West Va.) Prep by way of Canada, is down to five schools.

Syracuse, Missouri, Purdue, Florida State and Wake Forest are on his list, according to Huntington coach Rob Fulford.

The coach said Jankovic will visit Missouri this coming weekend, Florida State the weekend of Sept. 10 and Syracuse one of the two following weekends.

He is then planning to visit Purdue the first weekend in October. He has already taken an unofficial to Wake Forest.

"Stefan's been quoted as saying that Wake Forest is probably his favorite," Fulford said. "But all these other schools are in the mix. It's not like they're a clear-cut favorite."

Fulford believes the CIA Bounce big man has a huge upside at the college level.

"He's grown, he's 6-11 now," Fulford said. "He's extremely skilled. I wouldn't say he's a prototypical European kid since he's from Canada, but he can shoot. He's a matchup nightmare.

"He's just gotta stay healthy. "He's out now with a stress fracture in his shin. Once he gets healthy and gets more aggressive on both ends of the floor, he's oozing with talent."

Last edited:
Aquille Carr on the cover of Dime magazine.

Dime-65.jpg

I'll check out Carr this winter. His team plays Gonzaga at AU in January. That should be a sick game.

The article reaffirms that we need Janko to be paired with Thomas, Zena, or another banger. Stefan is close to earning the dreaded tag "injury-prone." If he were to continue to be hurt and eventually need a medical redshirt or otherwise miss extended time, and don't have another PF, we're right back where we started in terms of a crippling lack of size.

Jank and either Zena or Devin is nice pairing and gives us more size.

JaceyZembal Jacey Zembal
Wake Forest became the third ACC college to offer High Point (N.C.) Wesleyan sophomore point guard JaQuel Richmond.

My guess is the capital Q in his first name gave the staff pause. It gives me pause. I don't trust Irishmen with a second capital letter in their last name. How am I gonna trust someone with a second capital letter in their first name???

Strong student and best friend of A.Washington, Marshall Wood 6.8 combo forward has a final 6 of Wake,Va.,VaT,Richmond, VCU and Michigan.

EvanDaniel says that per a source Devin Thomas is off the board going to Wake Forest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that that would be good news! I haven't seen any clips; but I hope this is an important get for our program.

Back