• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

I graduated with Childress in '95. Had a couple of classes with him.

He was 5'10" tops.

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

I graduated with Childress in '95. Had a couple of classes with him.

He was 5'10" tops.

He lived across the hall from me in Luter. I am 6'0" and he was at least as tall as I was when he was in full slouch. My guess is that he was 6'2" right on the number.

Andrew White is visiting Texas,Kansas and Louisville. No mention of Wake. I thought we were in the mix for him?

He's wide open:

“I have already received visits from Virginia Tech, NC State, West Virginia and Cincinnati,” White told NBE earlier this afternoon. “DePaul, UTEP, Kansas, Wake Forest and a couple others will visit me in the next couple weeks.”

Although those are his only official visits currently planned, White stressed his recruitment is far from over and he is not narrowing down his list at all at this time. The schools mentioned are only a small sampling of his full list. He plans on using all five of his allowed official trips and will take some additional unofficial visits as well.

“I have not set any other visits but I will take two more officials and a couple unofficials sometime soon,” said White. “Still a pretty long list but I have not narrowed [my] recruitment down on paper. There are still new schools contacting me to this day.

Just read the whole NBE article on Andrew, says he wants to play early and play in the NCAA tourney all 4 years.

Well, we coudl use a 6'6 SG. CJ would be a good 6th man.....

Just read the whole NBE article on Andrew, says he wants to play early and play in the NCAA tourney all 4 years.

That's kind of interesting. Those two aren't always compatible. I wonder which he cares about more?

BloggerSoDear just tweeted that Jank is telling Rivals.com that we no longer lead and that he's now wide open.

I have a feeling he was declaring us as leader even when we weren't pursuing that hard.

Based on what little I know, I am relieved he is going elsewhere.

why? i think we could use a 6'11" 235lb PF/C on the team. imo, he would most likely be similar to Carson with a better outside shot. not perfect but he would fill a need...height!

why? i think we could use a 6'11" 235lb PF/C on the team. imo, he would most likely be similar to Carson with a better outside shot. not perfect but he would fill a need...height!

First because I understood he doesn't like to rebound and doesn't like contact. Second because it has seemed he's been enjoying his recruiting and using us as a back up.

From the little I've heard/read about Jank, I would guess if he wasn't getting major minutes that he could be a problem to deal with. Seems to have a "me first" type of mentality. This is based off just minimal knowledge of it all tho, so might be completely off base.

Back