• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Season Tickets on the Cheap

stratt

Reaction score
Sorry if already discussed, but Wake is selling season tickets for as low as $99 each. These are in the upper section in the corner. Great deal for a family.

I'm glad they finally realized that lowering the prices just to get people back in the Joel is an important step. We bought season tickets for the first time since Bz first year. I think most will wait until next year to return due to the new recruits, but we'll see.

I'm glad they finally realized that lowering the prices just to get people back in the Joel is an important step. We bought season tickets for the first time since Bz first year. I think most will wait until next year to return due to the new recruits, but we'll see.

Correct. I had season tickets for 30+ straight years and then went cold turkey in [Redacted]'s last two seasons. I am passing this year because we will stink, but I am confident we are headed in the right direction as the future looks bright

Hopefully WF deeply discounts single game tickets for low demand games. Get people into the stands.

Correct. I had season tickets for 30+ straight years and then went cold turkey in [Redacted]'s last two seasons. I am passing this year because we will stink, but I am confident we are headed in the right direction as the future looks bright

You're passing on buying tickets because we probably won't have a good season? $ or schedule conflicts are one thing, but fans passing on buying tickets because we may not win a lot of games is weak sauce. Manning clearly has some momentum going.. I hope there aren't a lot of Wake fans with this mentality.

I'm glad to see that Wake has realized it's 2014 and adopted a slightly more dynamic pricing model. It's a great price for families, and it's a great opportunity if you are looking to flip tickets for the Duke, Louisville and UNC games.

You're passing on buying tickets because we probably won't have a good season? $ or schedule conflicts are one thing, but fans passing on buying tickets because we may not win a lot of games is weak sauce. Manning clearly has some momentum going.. I hope there aren't a lot of Wake fans with this mentality.

Don't blame the fans. Blame Wellman's arrogance for the last 4 years. His FU mentality will take a year to get over.

Don't blame the fans. Blame Wellman's arrogance for the last 4 years. His FU mentality will take a year to get over.

Just a thought, but instead of playing the blame game, why not just support our team? I guess everyone has a different opinion on it.

Just a thought, but instead of playing the blame game, why not just support our team? I guess everyone has a different opinion on it.

Some people view supporting their team as a moral imperative. Others realize it's a recreational activity and choose not to waste resources to not have a good time. I think this is basically what you're getting at.

Creamy was a Buzzdick apologist. Enough said.

That said, I'm really looking forward to UVA tix again this season. Although I won't get the opportunity this year to scream at Buzzdick and tell him how awful he is as he enters the arena.

Yeah, Creamy is still bitter that [Redacted] was fired. He just needed one more year to prove to us all how good he is!!

Going to games is an entertainment ticket. If people don't think they will be entertained then they shouldn't buy the tickets to the game. Simple as that.

Oh, and you were a Bz-apologist, so shut the fuck up about what Wake fans should or should not do. Your opinion on that matter is null and fucking void.

I'd have bought a couple of $99 season tix if I lived closer.
Do they still have the Red Zone package for football? That was really successful, and this is an even better deal math-wise.

Yeah, Creamy is still bitter that [Redacted] was fired. He just needed one more year to prove to us all how good he is!!

This just isn't true. I supported our basketball program throughout Bz's tenure by going to games, not shelling out money for billboards, and not trashing the man and his family. I wasn't at all bitter to see him go. You are bottom feeding scum, Pinocha.

Going to games is an entertainment ticket. If people don't think they will be entertained then they shouldn't buy the tickets to the game. Simple as that.

Oh, and you were a Bz-apologist, so shut the fuck up about what Wake fans should or should not do. Your opinion on that matter is null and fucking void.

ooo look at me, I like Soccer and pretend to follow Wake sports. My name is DV7 and I can say the word Fuck! Look at me!

Jesus. I know a significant portion of our fan base just follows uncritically, especially the blue hairs. But if the majority of our fan base were like Creamy and the Blue Hairs, Chairman Ron would not have been under pressure to fire Buzzdick. Chairman Ron could have just continued lying to us, Buzzdick could have continued blaming the fan base, current and prior players and prior coaches for his shortcomings, and Creamy and the Blue Hair lemmings would have continued lapping up those lies and blame deflecting.

if I lived w/in 2-3 hours of W-S, I would have DEF jumped on the $99 season ticket deal.

I'm so excited to see this team, we may not be super talented but at least we'll have a corch w/ a VISION. I haven't been this excited since Skip's regime.

I'm in with 3 others this season. Hopefully Manning has a little of the "Skip factor" and can reel in the students to the games. Free pizzas!(cue the pizza joke)

Back