• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread 3.0 - The Manning era begins: The Harry Giles Chronicles

We can't win in the ACC without size We didn't have a center last year and Wong have one this year - so Devin has to lay the 5 at 6'7" and Moto or Travis play the 4 at 6'5" or 6'6" Haas will remedy that problem and getting Green healthy would really help matters. We still could use another power player, but we are stuck with too many wings- mclinton, moto, Rountree and cavenaugh

Height is overrated in the college game.

Rondale has an ESPN and Scout page now.

The scouting report is blank.

104md5d.jpg

j0ceie.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, he just moved above Penn State commit Isiah Washington on the 247Sports Shooting Guard rankings... And he's way ahead of Clemson's Gabe DeVoe...

Do we have talent to be elite in the ACC? No, but I do think we have talent to be a competitive, mid pack team. Of course it's really hard to judge what we do have given our ineptness in the coaching department.

Height is overrated in the college game.

I agree with these, Buzz has put together the talent to be mediocre and win 18 or 19 games, but as long as he's still the coach we're going to underachieve.

Ncsu was bigger than wfu at every position last year. No way they should have lost to us. UNC has 6 bigs on the roster over 6'9". We have one- Washington ( if green is out) so teams do need some big bodies who play above the rim

I guess [Redacted] and Wellman's culture-dar must have run out of batteries again.

I didn't realize that MFD was another J'Ari T. Tabbwalker!

After four years. I don't see him going out early, but as a four year starter and based on how well he performed as a freshman, I think it's likely that he's one of the best 60 players eligible for the draft in 2016 barring a change in the draft rules.

You're responding to Schwabber...he has spent the last few years smearing/blaming teenagers in order to protect [Redacted], a career loser who is earning crazy amounts of money to fail over and over. It's always "wait till next year" with him.

The irony is, now that it's "wait till next year" time of the year rather than blame the players time, he's praising the team for finally having ACC talent, when we really don't. Our recruiting has been an epic failure as well. All great kids, but just not good enough to go toe to toe with the best in the ACC, especially with the empty suit at the head of the bench.

Racer, you know I do not "smear kids". I am a big fan of our 8 man class, despite a lot of the folks who poo poo them. I have said we weren't going to win in the ACC back in Buzz's early years with two freshmen point guards who weren't ACC caliber (same as you are saying -"All great kids, but just not good enough to go toe to toe with the best in the ACC" . As for ACC talent we are saying the same thing, next year is the year - "it's "wait till next year" time of the year rather than blame the players time, he's praising the team for finally having ACC talent, when we really don't. Our recruiting has been an epic failure" So our players are good, but not ACC caliber and our players are good, but our recruiting has been an epic failure? Which is it? Maybe we just haven't had enough talent to win, but we are moving in the right direction with a very good, but young 8 man class now becoming sophomores and more talent coming in?

Racer, you know I do not "smear kids". I am a big fan of our 8 man class, despite a lot of the folks who poo poo them. I have said we weren't going to win in the ACC back in Buzz's early years with two freshmen point guards who weren't ACC caliber (same as you are saying -"All great kids, but just not good enough to go toe to toe with the best in the ACC" . As for ACC talent we are saying the same thing, next year is the year - "it's "wait till next year" time of the year rather than blame the players time, he's praising the team for finally having ACC talent, when we really don't. Our recruiting has been an epic failure" So our players are good, but not ACC caliber and our players are good, but our recruiting has been an epic failure? Which is it? Maybe we just haven't had enough talent to win, but we are moving in the right direction with a very good, but young 8 man class now becoming sophomores and more talent coming in?

Next year as in this coming year or the year after? The former makes no sense given that the talent level this coming year is not higher than last year. The experience level is higher, but not the talent level. The latter is unacceptable. If you think it took [Redacted] 5 years and 4 recruiting classes to put together an ACC caliber roster then how can you possible be buzzin?

Also, FWIW, there's a huge amount of room between the talent been good enough to be better than we have been the last 3 years (and will be this year) and being good enough to be a front runner in the ACC and nationally relevant (which is where we all want to be).

And, of course, our two best players for the past three years were Dino Gaudio recruits.

Devin is a very solid ACC starter. He could be a star. We have some good support guys. We have no 1st Round NBA talent on this team or coming in. You can't be top level competitive in the ACC without 1st Round NBA talent.

It's just that simple.

This is Bsdlik's fifth recruiting year. He hasn't gotten a single 1st round NBA player. He is a total failure.

Last edited:
Back