• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Up to 4 predictions for Tacko now. Would love to see the reactions of the students who don't follow basketball (and recruiting) very closely when they see Tacko walking around campus.

Tacko doesn't look like as much of a project as I thought he would be from his highlight reels. Granted, he's essentially unguarded in all of them (kids appear to be about 6' tall playing defense), but his footwork looks ok and he has a little hook shot that looks nice. He brings the ball down WAY WAY WAY too low though. He would be well-suited to learn from Danny Manning.

wait i don't get it bc one of them is greek and the other one is a tacko

Exactly.gif

So, Kentucky cancelled his visit to avoid an NCAA violation bc they have a former Auburn coach that recruited Moore (while at Auburn) now on the non-coaching staff. Wrangor, can you make sense of that? Or is this just UK trying to slow play him and making it seem like it is the big, bad NCAA that won't let him visit yet?

Geez, where do you live? Siberia?

The Mississippi Delta. There isn't a stoplight in the entire county where I farm. Not one. 100 miles from Memphis and and 120 from Jackson. Siberia would probably have more dining options that I have.

So, Kentucky cancelled his visit to avoid an NCAA violation bc they have a former Auburn coach that recruited Moore (while at Auburn) now on the non-coaching staff. Wrangor, can you make sense of that? Or is this just UK trying to slow play him and making it seem like it is the big, bad NCAA that won't let him visit yet?

To me it sounds like a definite slowplay. They have higher ranked targets, but they still want to keep him on the hook. Unless the non-coach/coach is planning on leaving, he is still going to be there 1 month from now, so it isn't as though the scenario is changing. I think Moore is probably wants to sign with KY but doesn't want to be over-recruited (which he will). Illinois program is in better shape than ours, but we have tradition and playing time to offer. I think it will come down to Illinois and Wake to be honest. I have no insider knowledge, just evaluating the situation. Kentucky is simply going to sign better players than him. If he wants to ride the bench during the greatest year's of his life, then he will go to KY, if he wants to play and develop he will go to IL or WF.

Obviously I am hoping for Wake, but Illinois has a lot to offer as well. Manning will have to outrecruit Groce for him, because to be honest Illinois has a little more to sell right now.

Thanks, Wrangor. That is valuable insight. Moore's AAU coach admitted that he doesn't know what the specific potential violation would be. Moore and the coach probably also don't want to admit that he is a "B prospect" to UK, either. UK is taking advantage of their ego/pride and they appear happy to play along. If I was the coach, I would be a bit more curious of the potential violation in looking out for the kids best interest (1. Is UK being honest with us. 2. Is this something that could impact his eligibility/options if not navigated appropriately).

KY is definitely slow playing him. Doral is about their 4th-6th choice.

IL was 20-15 last year. They got zero Top 100 players in 2014 and have one signed this year.

We're closer to home. Danny has won as a NC player, an assistant coach and is considered one of, if not the best big man's coach in college bball.

It's up to Danny and the staff. This would be a great get.

From my Twitter search of "Wake Forest," it appears that Chris Webber was seen in Wake's business school today. I have no idea if this is at all related to Tacko Fall's visit.

Cool story bro.

From my Twitter search of "Wake Forest," it appears that Chris Webber was seen in Wake's business school today. I have no idea if this is at all related to Tacko Fall's visit.

Cool story bro.

Maybe trying to hype up a new fab five?

Back