• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Mitchell goes 11-12 on Fts in a come from behind win. Martin brothers are good! On to MSG for a possible uphill battle with No1 Montverde. We have a PG that can shoot free throws.

Scholarship revoked

Everything is wonderful when you have a new coach and a pg that can shoot free throws.

He better recruit the right kind of balcks!

No tattoos or gold teeth, god nammit!!

give me articulate or give me death

Do it the right way danny, BOY!

by the way, you have a beautiful wife!

a585cef05c9b2ff750cd70ab9a4d5dcd.jpg

Hmmmm, I wonder if Haas regrets his decision now (hopefully this query isn't haas)?

Hmmmm, I wonder if Haas regrets his decision now (hopefully this query isn't haas)?

My guess is that he does. Had a chance to work with the big man coach that sent a big man to the NBA each year he was an AC at Kansas. Sucks for him (and for us).

Better be on the phone with Brandon Ingram by the end of the weekend. Get going, Manning.

My guess is that he does. Had a chance to work with the big man coach that sent a big man to the NBA each year he was an AC at Kansas. Sucks for him (and for us).

God I hate Purdue. Hate wishing a kid anything but well... But man I hope they lose every game by 20.

I'd love it if we could lure Tulsa sophomore big man D'Andre Wright.

The kid has a TON of upside and has ACC-caliber size and athleticism. He definitely had a sophomore slump, but he showed a lot of potential as a freshman would be a great complement to Devin and Cav.

I'd love it if we could lure Tulsa sophomore big man D'Andre Wright.

The kid has a TON of upside and has ACC-caliber size and athleticism. He definitely had a sophomore slump, but he showed a lot of potential as a freshman would be a great complement to Devin and Cav.

Took a look at their roster too. Wright stood at as well as Woodard. We need to see who all leaves before we bring anyone else in. A pure 3 point shooter seems like the biggest need. Wright looks like a stud but doesn't help our issue with way too many rising juniors.

I admit, the thought of 6'10 #1 draft pick Danny Manning strolling into high school gyms to look at recruits gives me a bit of a chubby. Hopefully he hits the recruiting trail ASAP.

Took a look at their roster too. Wright stood at as well as Woodard. We need to see who all leaves before we bring anyone else in. A pure 3 point shooter seems like the biggest need. Wright looks like a stud but doesn't help our issue with way too many rising juniors.

Woodard strikes me as a fairly run of the mill mid-major wing. I'd rather just start recruiting ACC-caliber SG/SFs, to be honest with you.

Wright has a special physical/athletic profile, along with some shooting range and the kid did a good job on the boards as a freshman.

Woodard strikes me as a fairly run of the mill mid-major wing. I'd rather just start recruiting ACC-caliber SG/SFs, to be honest with you.

Wright has a special physical/athletic profile, along with some shooting range and the kid did a good job on the boards as a freshman.

Yeah, I don't think we should go after Woodard but his high level of 3-pt shooting did stick out to me (39% on 168 attempts).

Did DM recruit any of those sophomore?

Woodard is the best player on Tulsa by a mile and would be our best player if he were on our team next year. But he wouldn't transfer, the Tulsa media has reported he is already contacting Tulsa commits trying to convince them to come.

Yeah, I don't think we should go after Woodard but his high level of 3-pt shooting did stick out to me (39% on 168 attempts).

Did DM recruit any of those sophomore?

DM didn't recruit Woodard or Wright.

Regarding Woodard - It's a bit of a toss-up, I'd say. I've watched him play a few times and was never impressed. He's certainly no Jordan Clarkson.

Woodard is the best player on Tulsa by a mile and would be our best player if he were on our team next year. But he wouldn't transfer, the Tulsa media has reported he is already contacting Tulsa commits trying to convince them to come.

Maybe, and at a position of need. Do we think DM would poach his Tulsa guys? I really don't. Honestly, I really wouldn't want him to. I wouldn't mind going after Mitchell Wilbekin though, recruits are fair game IMO

We'll have to agree to disagree. I watched a lot of him and wasn't particularly impressed, especially against competition. He's a bit of a wildcard, as good as his jumper and can't create much for himself inside of the arc.

With an eye toward the future, I'd rather us just start recruiting ACC-caliber wings rather than using a scholarship on a mid-major volume shooter.

Back