• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Megathread - Crawford, Moore, & Collins ALL TO WAKE!

Move on. Nothing to see here. We ain't getting Giles.

8d5RdCR.jpg

He went to Hargrave......the sad part was we didn't have room for his buddy David West who wanted to play with him at Wake.

He went to Hargrave......the sad part was we didn't have room for his buddy David West who wanted to play with him at Wake.

Josh Howard was a one man freshman class...However, Tate Decker a transfer in the previous year, was also a new player on scholarship.

2015 Top 100 Commits (Scout):

Duke: 2
Louisville: 2
Syracuse: 3
Pitt: 1
Everyone else: 0

At will, you say. Commits take off once football season and official visits happen. He's had like 4 months to build a relationship with kids that others have been building for 2 years. Need a couple this Fall/Winter to build a little momentum, win some games, and then fix things in 2016.

We need 1-2 top 100 players (big and shooting wing) this year. As we have discussed, the honeymoon period is a real thing in recruiting. And we are going to suck this year, so we need to build buzz through recruiting.

Remember when Top 100 was no big deal?

Getting guys in the 80s and 90s isn't going to be an automatic boost to the program.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 4.0 - Welcome Kostas (and Cornelius?), & 1st post...

Agreed SIG, although I don't think we will suck any more than we did last year. Obviously not a crowning accomplishment though.

So instead he signed with Skip Prosser. Boy I would've loved to had Howard, West, Williams, Gray, Downey, Levy and Danelius on that 03 team

Remember when Top 100 was no big deal?

Getting guys in the 80s and 90s isn't going to be an automatic boost to the program.

If I'm not mistaken CMM (75) is the only player on the current roster that made the RSCI top 100. Sad.

With that in mind, adding a couple more players of that caliber could actually be a short term boost

If i remember correctly, Randolph Childress also was ranked in the 70s when he signed. But please note it is fair to say that Randolph clearly overachieved his ranking, and he was a five year player.

So I hope CMM does the same and overachieves his ranking. Indeed, I think Codi's achievements so far have been commensurate with what was expected of him. Great at times, but not all ACC level.

If i remember correctly, Randolph Childress also was ranked in the 70s when he signed. But please note it is fair to say that Randolph clearly overachieved his ranking, and he was a five year player.

So I hope CMM does the same and overachieves his ranking. Indeed, I think Codi's achievements so far have been commensurate with what was expected of him. Great at times, but not all ACC level.

Umm, no. Randolph was a consensus top 40 player.

"Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
I'm going to be very concerned until we get our first 2015 or 2016 commitment. Manning's recruiting track record is just as mediocre as the day we signed him."

This is a stupid and myopic statement.

"Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
I'm going to be very concerned until we get our first 2015 or 2016 commitment. Manning's recruiting track record is just as mediocre as the day we signed him."

This is a stupid and myopic statement.

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Because there weren't top players left on the board to get in the class of 2014. And any top players that were left already had years of recruiting history with other programs - or they had question marks. 2015 and 2016 are the opportunities for recruits and Manning is at least out there courting top players. Hopefully he snags a few.

Being concerned about our recruiting until Manning can demonstrate he can recruit at the level we need him to do in order to compete in the ACC is perfectly reasonable.

Back