• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

I love CP3 and Shelton Mitchell. That is all.

“Would that change anything?” Helms said. “Honestly, I don’t know if it changes it because he’s loved (Wake Forest) from the first day he went on campus.”

Mitchell, who has been recruited primarily by 12th-year Wake Forest assistant coach Jeff Battle, said his commitment to the Deacons is strong, and once his mind is made up there’s no wavering.

“It won’t concern me until it happens,” Mitchell said of a coaching change. “I’m not going to look at it now and say what-if. Until he’s gone or until I hear something for sure from them, for now I’m not really worried about it.”

I like this.

I appreciated the part about his reaction to the (shitty) crowd chants. Love for kids to come in here with a chip on their shoulder.

I feel like we need a C in either 2013 or 2014. If the staff thinks that Sidy is the best one we can get, we should try to land him. We need more physical presence inside. If he has a body that is ready, he will be very useful. Not to mention he has a big upside and is improving. Put him alongside Devin Thomas and we can bang with the big boys again. Finally.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks devin is a college center

Same here. We've been spoiled with height over the years.

Oh I think he can play C, but its asking too much without another legit big body down there. We don't really have a legit PF either, Cav is a 3/4, we're gonna keep forcing McKie, Moto, then who, McClinton to the post? This is fine against smaller teams, but let's see what happens tonight. Or over the next few seasons when we play MD. Or FSU. Or State. Or Cuse.

I'm intrigued by an atheltic C who can run the floor, block shots, and develop with Mitchell. A lot of this also hinges on how confident that staff is in Daniel Green.

The question is very simple-is he good enough to play and start now? If he is, then we should go for it. If he isn't then we should wait.

We've already got two project big men. Three is too many.

We definitely need another big, but I'm just glad we finally have a big (even if he's only 6'8) who fights for rebounds. Every big we've had in recent memory has preferred to play 10 feet from the basket. DT would out-rebound them all, even in his freshman year.

I'll be happy if we land Sidy, but would still prefer to push for a monster 2014 class. We have a ton of momentum, and I think Battle, CP3, and Shelton can get it done.

How? We won't have any scholarships:

Senior: Chase
Juniors: Daniel
Codi
Devin
Moto
Tree
Dre
Madison
Cav
Sophs: McClinton
Overton
Djitte
Frosh: Shelton

That's thirteen.....

How? We won't have any scholarships:

Senior: Chase
Juniors: Daniel
Codi
Devin
Moto
Tree
Dre
Madison
Cav
Sophs: McClinton
Overton
Djitte
Frosh: Shelton

That's thirteen.....

I think tigerswood is referring to a Shelton and Pinson as a monster class instead of taking Djitte.

If big time programs can sign over 13 w/o any consequences, why is it unheard of if Wake does the same? The numbers tend to always work themselves out.

We need to recruit an elite big not because we're small but because our current bigs aren't quite where they need to be for the program to be where it needs to be. We don't need bodies or projects.

"Unlike most African players, he has very “soft hands” and is very mobile".

Cue the racist comment charges.

I think tigerswood is referring to a Shelton and Pinson as a monster class instead of taking Djitte.

This is correct. Shoot, Shelton has openly said he is working on Leron Black, and he just decommitted as well. Stranger things have happened..

Back