• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Good to see McClinton recruiting fellow CP3'er hard:

Greg McClinton ‏@G_McClinton
@SMitchell_4 when you gone give the people what they want to see ?

Shelton Mitchell ‏@SMitchell_4
@G_McClinton With what? Lol

Greg McClinton ‏@G_McClinton
@SMitchell_4 �� ? �� ***Those are emojis with the Demon Deacon esque top hat

Shelton Mitchell ‏@SMitchell_4
@G_McClinton Lol idk yet bro

^^^ Another indication that it is pretty well known that we lead for Shelton at this point. I'm going to be very disappointed if we miss out on him. FWIW, I've heard that he and his parents really like Coach Bz as well.

^^^ Another indication that it is pretty well known that we lead for Shelton at this point. I'm going to be very disappointed if we miss out on him. FWIW, I've heard that he and his parents really like Coach Bz as well.

I am sure the buzzouters will flame you for this, but I can totally seem some kid's parents liking what Buzz brings to the table.

Cautiously optimistic about the direction of this team at this point.

well then I hope he commits soon and sticks it out if Bzz has a bad year or two.

that is what I was going for without saying it

He's still classified as 2014, right? We might need to wait a year or so to hear about this commitment if that's the case.

Yes he is. I've heard that he wants to make a decision before or during the start of this HS season. His parents want him to go ahead and commit now, from my source.

Has our staff reached out to Keith Clanton yet? 6'9 face up PF from now suspended UCF. Would be a killer late pickup. Kid can play.

There's nothing about him leaving anywhere I can find. Until he announces, we can't approach him.

It seems like we would be a long shot for a senior looking for a NCAA appearance.

Not to say that a proven big man like Clanton wouldn't make it much more likely for us to go to the NCAA, I would just expect him to choose a school where it is already fairly likely.

Last edited:
Corey Pegram ‏@CoreyPegram

@NorthstarBball reports that 2014 Gary Clark has VCU, Clemson, and Wake showing most interest. Looks to make decision by end of JR season

Also (apologies if Haas), but Bzz and co. offered another 2014 PG:

John Supinie ‏@JohnSupinie

Larry Austin's list keeps growing. Wake Forest offers Springfield Lanphier guard Tuesday morning.

Jason Thompson ‏@jthompson247

Springfield Lanphier PG Larry Austin, Jr picked up offers from SMU and Wake Forest in the past 24 hours. #LarryAustinJr

Austin is a 6'1, 160 pound PG from Illinois. In addition to Wake, Austin holds offers from Missouri, Illinois, Memphis, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa, DePaul, SMU and Bradley with interest from Ohio State, Xavier, and Tennessee.

ESPN - 89/4* (#26 overall/#6 PG)
Scout - 4* (#46 overall/#10 PG)
Rivals - 4* (#45 overall)

Would anybody be able to c/p a scouting report?

Will this impact our recruitment of Mitchell at all?

ESPN 6/13/2011

Larry Austin

Strengths:
Austin is a tough competitive point guard that is vocal and has leadership qualities. He is athletic and can finish above the rim on the break when he pushes at high speeds. Austin can run the team and get others involved with his penetration and great court vision. He can get to the rim at will and finishes well for a player his size. He knocks down mid range jumpers and has improved his jumper behind the arc. He has great escape ability with his quickness and speed burst.

Weaknesses:
Austin must continue to add strength and improve his conditioning. He also must continue to improve his jumper although he has already made good progress.

Bottom Line:
Austin is a tough minded point guard that can run the team, get others involved and make plays off the dribble. He is athletic and can finish in the lane, hit the mid range pull up and has improved his three ball. Austin has all the tools to be a special player with continued improvement. Great upside.

Some more Twitter-related updates:

Justin Byerly ‏@Justinbyerly

Hanif Bilal, 6'2, 2014 Winston Salem (NC) Reynolds, has a SoCon offer and has been hearing from VT, Wake Forest and Gardner-Webb. @Nif_XIV

Some game footage on VIMEO

There's not a lot out there, but ESPN lists Hanif at 6'2, 185.

Last edited:
Back