• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

I'm sure Wellman is a little gunshy to give Bzz to much of a contract after the outrage that resulted from the contract given to Dino less than a year before he was fired. Fan outrage over that recruiting move is probably still in his mind. Tough situation.

Hahaha. Wellman either needs to fire bzd or give hi a lifetime contract! Come on !

If I was a 2014 recruit pretty high on wake because of proximity, acc, academics and teammates - I am going to wait 20 games into this coming year and assess the coaching staff and momentum. Makes perfect sense to me. For what it is worth I understand recruits are asking duke the exact same thing with coach k

This isn't good news. Even beyond the obvious, I think these kind of sentiments (especially the info on Reed) are largely the fault of Wellman. We shouldn't be at risk of losing kids because they're unsure of whether the staff will still be around... That's absolutely unacceptable, if true.

I really appreciate the insight we get from Strickland on this thread. That being said, I'm now confused whether we should blame Wellman for not firing Buzz or if we should blame him for not extending Buzz.

and, when your own fans are sometimes undercutting the recruiting process by their rants on message boards.

I sure hope this wasn't in reference to my initial posts regarding the situation. If I'm undercutting the recruiting process my posting quality information from a source very close to the situation, then I can stop. I thought that's what this thread was primarily for.

I sure hope this wasn't in reference to my initial posts regarding the situation. If I'm undercutting the recruiting process my posting quality information from a source very close to the situation, then I can stop. I thought that's what this thread was primarily for.

not at all, just a general observation.

carry on.

He's a 16yo kid. tomorrow he may have a Mohawk or no hair. He get his eyelid pierced.

Of course he's changing his mind. He hasn't even started his junior year yet.

It's time for the adults to do their jobs.

He's a 16yo kid. tomorrow he may have a Mohawk or no hair. He get his eyelid pierced.

Of course he's changing his mind. He hasn't even started his junior year yet.

It's time for the adults to do their jobs.

THE GREAT RJ HATH SPOKEN! Let all commentary regarding '14 recruits cease, so our fearless Bz can properly do his job.

Jesus, some of you need a Valium drip.

Nothing I said gave Bzz any props nor did anything I say challenge or contradict what you said.

Hahaha. Wellman either needs to fire bzd or give hi a lifetime contract! Come on !

If I was a 2014 recruit pretty high on wake because of proximity, acc, academics and teammates - I am going to wait 20 games into this coming year and assess the coaching staff and momentum. Makes perfect sense to me. For what it is worth I understand recruits are asking duke the exact same thing with coach k

Just win

I'm sure Wellman is a little gunshy to give Bzz to much of a contract after the outrage that resulted from the contract given to Dino less than a year before he was fired. Fan outrage over that recruiting move is probably still in his mind. Tough situation.

If people are negatively recruiting against us a new contract isn't going to do dick squat after Wellman botched up the Dino situation so badly.

I love how our super smart fans think they see something that's not there. I haven't even read what some recruit has said that caused this furor. But I can tell you that the only cure for it is if the current coach can actually coach and win at WFU, which after two years nobody has a clue about, least of all a 16 y/o recruit. Wellman is certainly to blame for hiring the guy, but if Bz doesn't show he can coach and win you can't blame any recruit for thinking he could be fired in the next few years. If I was a recruit I wouldn't want to play where there's no sense of being able to win. This is so obvious. If he starts to show we could win with him in charge, then we could whine about this, otherwise not a chance. Put the blame where it belongs.

I don't think anyone is whining, saying he needs a new contract or that it's anyones fault. Bzz just needs to start winning. Period.

2013 SG Kameron Williams talks top five, upcoming visits. #mubb #Buckeyes #canes #WAKEFOREST #syracuse

http://t.co/L7hCZd00

Wake Forest also made the cut for Williams. He appreciates their drive and willingness to help him off the court.

“The coaches are great,“ he said. “They keep telling me to work hard and do everything with integrity, because you never know what can happen.”

Williams plans to take those five visits before making a final decision, which he says should come before his senior season.

I'm not sure what this kind of thing means for our recruiting elite prospects, but it is actually really nice to hear that we're walking-the-walk/talk on the recruiting trail. After all of the "culture" equivocation, it does seem like we're really selling the University, in addition to the basketball program and it's good to hear that recruits are attracted to that aspect, too.

Back