• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

damn...that hurts. we really need to bring in Reed!

from what i can see (scout, etc.) we are not really doing much on big men for '14.

need to catch up!

I would be very weary of trusting the big recruiting websites for information on who is recruiting certain players. Lots of times those lists are extremely out of date.

damn...that hurts. we really need to bring in Reed!

With Kam off to Ohio State that is going to make for a big battle for Reed between Wake and Miami. (Miami has 6 scholarships to use this year and do not have any commits yet). They need at least 2 wings and 2 bigs in this class imo.

RamblinRed

He wouldn't still be here if he had.

Yeah he would be, as long as we paid him (and we paid Grobe so no reason to think that we wouldn't have). Ohio State isn't a blue blood program. Matta pretty much made that program.

Yeah he would be, as long as we paid him (and we paid Grobe so no reason to think that we wouldn't have). Ohio State isn't a blue blood program. Matta pretty much made that program.

11 Final Fours
13 Elite Eights
28 NCAA Tourneys (18 since 1980)

11 Final Fours
13 Elite Eights
28 NCAA Tourneys (18 since 1980)

When Matta was hired Ohio State had been to all of 2 Final 4's since 1962 (as you might recall, the same year Wake went to the Final 4 (are they who we played? IDK), one of those was in 1968 and the other was vacated. Ohio State is not a blue blood program.

OSU has a significantly better recruiting base than we do. Plus, they could outbid us if they so chose.

Because of Matta. There wasn't much distance between OSU and Wake several years ago (I won't say more about that).

We need Grobe to give Bzz a pep talk before these home visits:

That watch costs more than your car. I made $2.3 million last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave.

We need Grobe to give Bzz a pep talk before these home visits:

That watch costs more than your car. I made $2.3 million last year. How much you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave.

Seriously, dude? If you don't start posting something a little different than this 2.3 million dollar raving you go on about in seemingly every post you make, you're going to be banned for spamming.

I know he's a troll, but where did he get that 2.3 million he keeps talking about? Wake doesn't release their salaries because it's a private school. It's also been noted that we do not know his base salary and his post-OB years were likely inflated because of stipulations in his contract. It's very likely that he is not making 2.3 million a year.

I know he's a troll, but where did he get that 2.3 million he keeps talking about? Wake doesn't release their salaries because it's a private school. It's also been noted that we do not know his base salary and his post-OB years were likely inflated because of stipulations in his contract. It's very likely that he is not making 2.3 million a year.

Salaries reported in the 990. There was a recent thread on its release.

We're at the point were we have enough data that we can only logically conclude that Grobe's guaranteed salary is $2.2-2.3. He's made at least that four straight years (through 2010, the last year we have data for, and a year during which he almost certainly didn't receive any performance pay).

Back