• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

I guess you could compare him a little bit to Stoglin, but Kam appears to play a little more off the ball (at least at this point) than Stoglin did. But yes, they are both pure scorers. I would not expect Kam to put up the kind of numbers Stoglin did at Maryland, though. But I also think Kam is a better teammate than Stoglin was- at least that's what I gathered from Watching Stoglin on TV

William Gunter ‏@WillGunter247
2013 PF Lamarcus White (Kingdom Prep/Ga.) names a top five of Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Wake Forest and UTEP. No leader.
Retweeted by Jake S

So nothing really new to report other than my source telling me recently that Duke is about to jump on the Shelton Mitchell train in full force, and would be Wake's biggest threat by far.

Also, KSU is apparently all over BJ Gladden, and will be his first visit this fall. Also planning on visiting Wake, Xavier, among others.

So nothing really new to report other than my source telling me recently that Duke is about to jump on the Shelton Mitchell train in full force, and would be Wake's biggest threat by far.

Also, KSU is apparently all over BJ Gladden, and will be his first visit this fall. Also planning on visiting Wake, Xavier, among others.

What's Shelton's timetable? Why would Duke jumping on the bandwagon this late in the game impact our status with him? It sounded like the Mitchell/Gladden package was a pretty safe bet a few months ago...

Remember Shelton is 2014, this is still relatively early in the game.

Gladden tweeted that he is committing soon, I'm assuming non-BCS but that's just a guess.

Gladden tweeted that he is committing soon, I'm assuming non-BCS but that's just a guess.

Am I hallucinating the implication of a package deal from a few months back?

There's no way that Gladden is any worse than Miles Overton, a prospect that we could land worst case. Why not hedge on Mitchell and take a flier on Gladden?

There was an issue with Gladden reclassifying for those who don't know. He is now back to class of 2013. I think he and Wake have mutually cooled on each other since this happened. There's still a good chance he graduates and preps for a year at Hargrave and ends up in 2014 anyways. Him/Shelton were never a package deal, but are best friends and would like to play together if possible.

If it's non BCS, it's still going to be a good school as he has offers from Xavier, Temple, and VCU among others.

I've been told Shelton wants to commit before the upcoming season or during it, with the implication that it would definitely be before the end of the year. So it may be getting down to crunch time.

I've been told Shelton wants to commit before the upcoming season or during it, with the implication that it would definitely be before the end of the year. So it may be getting down to crunch time.

I get the sense the sooner the better for Wake regarding Shelton, would you agree?

I get the sense the sooner the better for Wake regarding Shelton, would you agree?

Absolutely. We were the first ones really on him hard. However, I love the quotes about not being starstruck or anything when UNC and UK came calling. I think academics are indeed important to him, and Chris Paul may be our biggest asset by far in his recruitment.

Gladden is definitely 2014 now. He and Miles Overton are completely different players, Overton being much more what he need at this point in time. Gladden is taking a visit to Akron next.

Gladden is definitely 2014 now. He and Miles Overton are completely different players, Overton being much more what he need at this point in time. Gladden is taking a visit to Akron next.

Sorry, but this is just not true. There was a snag with his reclassification and he is back to 2013. Unless you are referring to the strong possibility that he may prep for a year. Several schools want him in 2013, and I've been told KSU will be his first visit.

ETA: He'll be back at Olympic next year, and not at QEA or Winston Salem Prep, Kennedy Charter, or other schools mentioned previously.

From the man himself, a pretty solid source.

Bj Gladden ‏@BjGladden_
im in 13 bc ncaa trippin on reclassin bt im goin to post grad so im technically still in class of 14

So is Olympic a post-grad school or is he going somewhere else for post-grad next year?

Yeah I knew it was where he currently went. Just didn't know if he could keep going there for some reason.

Back