• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Here's a blurb from a Peach Jam game this summer where you can see that G$ is not a good comparison:

"Davon Reed, SF/SG, Team Final – Reed isn’t someone who does a lot great, but he does many things well. On Thursday he showed off his ability to get to the rim and finish through contact. Reed scored in transition off the bounce, and then also in the half court as well. The negative would be he didn’t shoot it well from the outside, but he defended and contributed some on the glass as well."

And from his AAU coach:

"They [coaches] see a long shooting guard," Brown said. "He's long and rangy, but his jump shot is fluid and he has a real good stroke. Even though he's a good shooter now once he gets on a campus and shoots 500-750 shots a day he will become even better. The kid has a lot of potential. He can defend a couple different positions on the floor because of his length and athleticism. So I think that's what these schools see."

Last edited:
Peach Jam description sounds like CJ

He's 6'5, too, which is a huge plus. That's another thing I think he's got over Kam. We're going to have Chase (6'3), CMM (6'3), and Madison (6'1). We do badly need some size out of an incoming SG.

How many people thought that CJ would be 25% of where he is now prior to his senior year in HS?

I hope/expect to see Chase evolve into ACC starter caliber over the next two years. Plus I expect a good share of CJ's scoring will be redistributed to the frontcout. IMO, our minimal needs for the 2013 SG as a frosh is 1) not be a liability defensively or handling the ball 2) hit the open outside shot (be a 4th option offensively). I think either Reed or Overton could fit that description. I like Reed's size but I like Overton's skill set (& NBA lineage).

Nobody could have predicted or did predict that. CJ's year 2 -> year 3 is one of the more impressive I've seen for a player of his caliber. Comparing similarly ranked recruits with CJ is unwise, IMO, because just how much of an anomaly his trajectory has turned out to be.

Schuyler Rimmer (2013 C) has already decommitted from Florida. He was going to have to walk on in the first year.

Per Evan Daniels: "Prior to committing to Florida, Rimmer entertained plenty of high major interest. Rimmer took unofficial visits to Virginia, Central Florida, Penn State and Clemson. He also had interest from Marquette, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Harvard, Miami, Auburn and others."

We were mentioned at one point in the past, seems like a long shot though.

Schuyler Rimmer (2013 C) has already decommitted from Florida. He was going to have to walk on in the first year.

Per Evan Daniels: "Prior to committing to Florida, Rimmer entertained plenty of high major interest. Rimmer took unofficial visits to Virginia, Central Florida, Penn State and Clemson. He also had interest from Marquette, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Harvard, Miami, Auburn and others."

We were mentioned at one point in the past, seems like a long shot though.

Damn, that's a raw deal...

Bad deal for him temporarily. He'll get all the schools back.

Who is better Djitte or Rimmer?

Is it worth taking a total flyer in 7'5 Mamadou Ndjaiye? He can catch the call and has decent feet.

Last edited:
Bad deal for him temporarily. He'll get all the schools back.

Who is better Djitte or Rimmer?

Is it worth taking a total flyer in 7'5 Mamadou Ndjaiye? He can catch the call and has decent feet.

I've never seen Rimmer play, but Djitte is somewhat raw but has size and good upside. Would be able to make contributions on the boards and on defense when he arrives but would take some time to develop offensively. I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him simply because he has a strong athletic frame, runs the floor, and has good potential. He's probably as big or bigger than anyone on our team right now, aside from Andre but Djitte is much thicker than Andre. The coaches, though, probably haven't seen him much because he broke his ankle right before the live evaluation period in July and is still recovering.

And Mamadou Ndiaye is a west coast guy so that would be a tough pull. I saw him at the NBA Top 100 Camp, and he does have decent hands and would without a doubt be presence in the paint on both ends. But he's also a guy you'd have to be willing to alter your offense somewhat in order to complement his size, just because he doesn't get up and down the floor as well for obvious reason.

I love how every month or so RJ comes into the recruiting thread and asks if we should take a "flyer" on some guy that we've never been associated with before and whose commitment would cause our coaching staff to literally cream their collective pants.

Keep on keeping on, RJ.

None of those three guys would make any ACC coach "cream his pants".

As to Ndjaiye, he's not a "west coast guy". He's only been here two years. Rivals lists G'town as the only one he has serious in.

The HS he plays for is kinda weird.

As to Ndjaiye, he's not a "west coast guy". He's only been here two years. Rivals lists G'town as the only one he has serious in.

My point is that Ndiaye goes to high school on the west coast, and it would be tough for Wake to start recruiting him now and get him to come here. Georgetown would be a bigger lure to come all the way to the east coast because 1) They have been recruiting him longer and 2) They are a better program right now than Wake

There has to be something really strange or UCLA, AZ, Stanford, Cal and others would be all over him.

Right. [Redacted] wouldn't kill for a 7'5" body with solid national press and west coast ties. Are you serious?

"Creaming one's jeans" is what you do if you get a Burger Boy not a 7'5 project.

He'd be happy, but please. You don't lose it over a guy who is ranked #81, #83 and NR Scout.

So YES I'm serious.

Back