• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

That wasn't a joke by the way. You can see it if you look at the full picture on Twitter.

Giles really does look like a young Flex Alexander.

After the Chill commit I would guess we're just as in it with Giles as anyone. I'm very optimistic though. I think we may hear something shortly from the Giles camp.

Looks like only two of the Scout 5* recruits have verballed. Would Giles really decide that early?

Looks like only two of the Scout 5* recruits have verballed. Would Giles really decide that early?

It's a double secret verbal. He is going to string duke along to the last minute to fuck up their entire class. #profit

Was talking with the BSD guys at the game this weekend and the general feeling seems to be that Giles will make a decision earlier than later. I don't know if that's just an unsubstantiated guess or if there is substance to it, but I definitely had the feeling that he won't be unnecessarily extending the process. Cumberland and TITSWF know more than I do though.

TITSWF believes Giles really enjoys the recruiting process and will be one of the last in his class to commit. To me, that's problematic for Wake because our stock will never be higher in Giles' eyes.

Maybe Giles is now working on getting Tatum to buy into Wake? I don't know. My guess is that Parker is the next domino to fall. If we don't hear anything from Giles soon after that, then I'd be concerned.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 2k16 - LIL CHILL!! Crawford/Moore/Collins to Wake!

An early commit would be nice. Worst case it allows Manning to move on to other targets unlike Skip with OCC 10 years ago.

Childress committing gives us a nice early start. By comparison, Cook verballed in March 2005 for the 2006 class.

Last edited:
Maybe Giles is now working on getting Tatum to buy into Wake? I don't know. My guess is that Parker is the next domino to fall. If we don't hear anything from Giles soon after that, then I'd be concerned.

This is the timeline I'd been hoping for. Crawford leads to Moore leads to Collins for '15. BChill leads to Kwe leads to Harry (leads to...?) in '16. Could not get better than that.

This is the timeline I'd been hoping for. Crawford leads to Moore leads to Collins for '15. BChill leads to Kwe leads to Harry (leads to...?) in '16. Could not get better than that.

What more does Wake have to prove to Harry? He's visited the campus so many times. He knows everything about our history, and he can pretty much hand pick who he wants to play with in 2016. To me, our chances really don't get much higher than they are now.

ETA: That said, Manning and this staff have shown me that even if we don't get Giles we are going to have another very solid class.

BBall Recruiting Megathread 2k16 - LIL CHILL!! Crawford/Moore/Collins to Wake!

What more does Wake have to prove? Winning would be nice. That's the big advantage of going to Duke. Maybe he holds out to see how the team looks over the next few months. He doesn't have to hurry unless he wants to help build the class.

Back