• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Remember Ish's alumni charity game tomorrow at 4pm. Planning to go even though they have used up their eligibility.

Sounds like our coaches can spot talent!

Tweets Tweets & replies Photos & videos
Dan McDonald ‏@DMcDonaldRivals 46m46 minutes ago
Team Loaded Va is thrashing Texas Pro. And Richard Washington Jr is unconscious from 3 pt range. (Air balled one as I typed that)

Sounds like our coaches can spot talent!

Tweets Tweets & replies Photos & videos
Dan McDonald ‏@DMcDonaldRivals 46m46 minutes ago
Team Loaded Va is thrashing Texas Pro. And Richard Washington Jr is unconscious from 3 pt range. (Air balled one as I typed that)

Rodger Bohn ‏@rodgerbohn 2h2 hours ago
Richard Washington Jr has also helped himself for Team Loaded.Lefty with with size,stroke,and can create off bounce.#AdidasUprising

Kwe Parker is playing with the Karolina Diamonds in the Elite 32 tournament. So too is Brandon Childress and he is apparently on fire from long distance to start the first game.

Last edited:
Please this. I don't care where they're currently ranked, the Double W's are legit.

Agreed. This staff has demonstrated time and time again that they can identify talent before others can. I don't care what they are ranked now, they can play, and will probably be ranked higher in the future.

Don't know much about recruiting, but the ratings seem very sticky/laggy to me. Players will start to get a lot of buzz, tons of majors will get involved, and then like MANY months later their rating will get a seismic bump. Like Markelle Fultz and Jon Issac in this class were middling 4 stars and then every major school was on them and them and anyone with a twitter account could tell they were HOT. Then many months after this they are finally bumped to top 25 five star recruits.

And then on the other end you have guys like Doral Moore, Kwe etc. that are struggling a bunch, not getting as much interest. They will stay with a high ranking for a long time and you will eventually see their ranking tumble on tape-delay. It seems like it's to the point where you can't even just look at rankings exclusively, you have to kind of consider a hybrid of 1. Their ranking and 2. How they have been doing recently, their recent buzz from scouts, what schools have been around lately, etc.

Chill finished w/ 24. Nice to see him get the chance to create more offense for his team w/out having to defer so much to HG. Hopefully Gatlin lets out the reins on this burgeoning thoroughbred this winter.

Go Brandon!! Keep eatin as the kids say. :)

A lot shorter list of games with WF interest as the Adidas Gauntlet Finale came to an end yesterday. With the Peach Jam, Harry Giles and Team CP3 probably must win this morning to advance to the knockout round in the Peach Jam (three way tie & two advance). Brandon Childress will look to carry over yesterday's great play to the Karolina Diamonds' two games today. Still no clue what is going on with the Battle of the Best but a few WF recruits are confirmed to be participating in it.

EVENT LINKS →
Nike Peach Jam - Peach Jam Live Stream
Phenom Champion Showcase
Battle of the Best Charlotte
Elite 32, Session II

• BRANDON CHILDRESS
    • Karolina Diamonds (Elite 32)
      • ​7/11 - 10:50am vs DC Thunder
      • 7/11 - 5:50pm vs Nike South Beach

• ELI WRIGHT
    • Hoop Dreams
      • Battle of the Best (July 10-12)
  • KWE PARKER
    • Karolina Diamonds (Elite 32)
      • ​7/11 - 10:50am vs DC Thunder
      • 7/11 - 5:50pm vs Nike South Beach
  • MARIO KEGLER
    • MBA Hoops
      • Battle of the Best (July 10-12)
  • ZACH NORVELL
    • Mac Irvin Fire (Nike)
      • 7/11 - 10:30am vs Team Final
      • Mac Irvin Fire cannot qualify to advance to the knockout round

• HARRY GILES
    • CP3 All-Stars (Nike)
      • 7/11 - 12:00pm vs Arkansas Wings
      • 7/11 - 7:00pm Quarterfinals (tentative)
  • SACHA KILLEYA-JONES
    • Team Felton (Phenom Champion Showcase)
      • 7/11 - 10:15am vs Raleigh Capitals
      • 7/11 - 3:15pm vs Charlotte Impact

"Just got word from the Prospects that N.C. State offered Charles O'Bannon. Word is also that he is very open to going to school in the east."

Wake offered him a few weeks ago.

Zag's most recent tweet is not the most encouraging. Says he heard an assistant from one school say "He's going to Duke" in relation to HG

Let's just say that Giles is a heavy Duke lean to say the least.

I'm not sure why he's dragging it out. He seems to be sleepwalking through the attention most recruits love with canned answers. If he wants to be part of a superclass, he can go ahead and openly recruit them.

Zag's most recent tweet is not the most encouraging. Says he heard an assistant from one school say "He's going to Duke" in relation to HG

It would be interesting to know what school that assistant was from. Kentucky or Kansas would be my bet.

It's Zags so it's probably St John's or Rutgers.

As long as Danny is still showing up to every single Giles game I'm not throwing in the towel. While it may be Duke in the end, not quite over yet.

Sure after all Seabiscuit beat War Admiral. Let's just have back up plan ready in order to snare another top PF.

Back