• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

As a recruited athlete, doesn't he count against the scholarship limit no matter what?

I don't think so. He only counts against the cap if he gets a scholarship. The recruited athlete distinction was created to prevent schools from using academic scholarships on athletes to avoid the cap. But, someone can always pay their own way and not count. Melchionni did this at Duke if I recall correctly.

Was there ever an article released that had Eli stating Wake was his leader? I know 247 came out & stated that, but I have yet to see any quotes or statement from Eli himself regarding WF being his favorite.
I highly doubt he actually said that. I think when 247 tabs a school as the favorite, the default story on the timeline is "Player X names School X as the leader." Remember seeing the same thing when Wake was listed as the favorite for Miller. 247 is just really dumb sometimes.

Wake was also listed as the favorite for Crawford weeks before he committed to Wake.

Alford is willing to take his son Bryce off scholarship for his senior season in order to try and bring in 5* TJ Leaf who just decommitted from UA. It seems perfectly legal. Scout has an article on it as well

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...71604-alert-ucla-has-scholarship-for-t-j-leaf

I would think this would be a last resort, but if no one is going to transfer and we are full at the end of the season, it'd be very tempting to land another top 100 guy

To state the obvious, there is a massive difference between Alford's salary at UCLA (an average of $2.6 million per year for 7 years), and what Chill makes as an assistant at WF. It's not like Danny Manning or Mitt Shah could pick up the tab either, Chill would have to pay Brandon's salary out of his own pocket.

Pretty sure Deman has the ability to edit profiles, so it could be him. I think he did the Crawford update last year (before a national guy changed it back...then Crawford ended up committing shortly afterwards).

Well there goes our recruitment of Eddie Ekiyor. Arrested for hit and run in Ottawa over the weekend

If Kwe got cut because of skipping a meeting, I can't imagine Ekiyor's name isn't off the board by 1PM

To state the obvious, there is a massive difference between Alford's salary at UCLA (an average of $2.6 million per year for 7 years), and what Chill makes as an assistant at WF. It's not like Danny Manning or Mitt Shah could pick up the tab either, Chill would have to pay Brandon's salary out of his own pocket.

He only has to pay 6% of tuition and fees though since he is faculty/staff.

Chill would get an employee discount on tuition, I would imagine. Even if not, I'd imagine he is making lower six figures and had a lengthy pro career so he should be doing alright.

He only has to pay 6% of tuition and fees though since he is faculty/staff.

Chill would get an employee discount on tuition, I would imagine. Even if not, I'd imagine he is making lower six figures and had a lengthy pro career so he should be doing alright.

See if you can find my posts on the subject. I feel like Chill's discount wasn't nearly that because of a policy change or years of employment or something.

We probably need more Rondale threads though, just in case

See if you can find my posts on the subject. I feel like Chill's discount wasn't nearly that because of a policy change or years of employment or something.

not super lengthy, but

*Wake hired Childress in August 2011, so he will become eligible for the (dependents of) Faculty/Staff tuition concession in August 2014.
The concession for Childress would be 94% of tuition and academic fees.

*Manning, on the other hand, would not become eligible for benefits until April 2019 (unless there exists the relevant stipulation in his contract), and he would only receive an 80% concession.

And, to take y'alls point to its conclusion, the faculty/staff tuition concession is not a scholarship. Thus, it can not count against the scholarship limit.

RJ, you can be recruited and sign a national LOI to walk-on without counting against this limit.

Back