• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Hope for radio silence on the Wright front Mon-Wed. Sounds like he is deciding soon. If we make it until then I'll feel pretty good about our chances.

Hope you're right on this, but Mississippi State is in much better shape with him than one might think. Wright attended Apollo H.S. while in Owensboro, but one of his buddies, Aric Holman (6'9 forward), graduated from Owensboro H.S. this past spring and will be a freshman at Mississippi State this year. My neighbor (who will coach Wright at IMG this year) tells me that Wright is a stud ... but also suggests that Koby McEwan is every bit as big a stud. Tells me that McEwan's CIA Bounce program is an excellent program. Would be great to sign both kids ... but if we get one of the two, I'll be pleased.

Last edited:
Based on the quotes I saw this week I think it's one or the other. Just saying that if we get to Wed and he's not committed, then I'll feel better. Obviously if he makes it to Winston next weekend we have a good chance.

I probably missed a few posts about this but Dennis Smith tore his ACL and will be out 6-9 months. Sad to hear that he'll likely miss his HS season.

Bam transferring to High Point Christian for senior year. One top ten player leaves the city, another enters.

Damn, any chance that this helps us?

Hope you're right on this, but Mississippi State is in much better shape with him than one might think. Wright attended Apollo H.S. while in Owensboro, but one of his buddies, Aric Holman (6'9 forward), graduated from Owensboro H.S. this past spring and will be a freshman at Mississippi State this year. My neighbor (who will coach Wright at IMG this year) tells me that Wright is a stud ... but also suggests that Koby McEwan is every bit as big a stud. Tells me that McEwan's CIA Bounce program is an excellent program. Would be great to sign both kids ... but if we get one of the two, I'll be pleased.

Was Wright always this into Mississippi State? That being said, I'm fully on board with McEwen at this point. It helps that CIA Bounce is easily my favorite AAU program.

Mooney committed extremely early in the process.

He is very likely to gain weight and strength as he matures. Not sure how much his athleticism can improve. For basketball players, athleticism mostly equals jumping ability. Either you are born with fast twitch muscle fibers or your not. If you don't have them, you really aren't going to grow them in your late teens. Thus, your leaping ability and lateral quickness will be limited.

LOL, this is one of the hotter takes on a thread full of them.

There is so much more to athleticism than leaping ability. Lateral quickness, explosiveness off of the dribble, open floor speed, agility, mobility, etc. You can absolutely improve your athleticism in terms of these categories with specialized strength and conditioning programs.

Guys like Tony Woods and Ty Walker are cases in point that athleticism is a lot more than just leaping ability.

Another plus for MSU is that they have 4 star PG coming in.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16 - Wright (8/21) & McEwen (8/28) visiting! Miller...

If wright chooses miss state over wake it is a philosophical difference. It won't be because we aren't desirable. He has to decide what kind of experience he wants. If he is smart he will choose Wake or a school like it over a middling state school. We can win and will win at wake under manning but there is a lot more to this decision than basketball. Manning needs to make sure he sees that. It will be interesting to see what wright does.

Mustapha Herron committed to Auburn? Really? Who in their right mind would want to play basketball in Auburn Alabama? Football $ure, but ba$ketball???

Mustapha Herron committed to Auburn? Really? Who in their right mind would want to play basketball in Auburn Alabama? Football $ure, but ba$ketball???
Bruce Pearl. Ben Howland is at Mississippi State. These guys are top notch recruiters.

Froling is expected to narrow his school list today. It's 10:50am in Australia so we should know if we made the list by the time everyone wakes up tomorrow morning.

Also, both of the MSU guys who predicted Wright to MSU also predicted Heron to MSU shortly before the Wright prediction, they were both proven wrong on Heron less than a week later.

Curtis Hollis and EJ Elliot were supposed to visit today. I don't think we've actually offered either of them.

Were they the only visitors this weekend?

Back