• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

I really hope we get Giles

Dennis Smith's list: Wake Forest, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Louisville, and N.C. State.

Harry Giles's list: Wake Forest, Duke, Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky.

Marques Bolden's list: Wake Forest, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Alabama, and TCU.

Last edited:
So it's happening?!?!

I guess it's probably a unique situation for this staff with the #1 player in the nation in their city but I'm afraid of the problem that every non-elite power 5 school faces, and that's how much do you invest in going after 5 stars at the risk of coming up empty without much of a safety net. We've invested a lot in HG, Manning followed him everywhere from the first day you could start recruiting to now. It could be that he had a good feeling early on about Harry, and by just about all accounts we're in his top two, and went all in with him and the rest of the class. I mean it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's a shame, we really needed to regain a solid footing for the program after the prior disaster before this pivotal class came up.

I guess it's probably a unique situation for this staff with the #1 player in the nation in their city but I'm afraid of the problem that every non-elite power 5 school faces, and that's how much do you invest in going after 5 stars at the risk of coming up empty without much of a safety net. We've invested a lot in HG, Manning followed him everywhere from the first day you could start recruiting to now. It could be that he had a good feeling early on about Harry, and by just about all accounts we're in his top two, and went all in with him and the rest of the class. I mean it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's a shame, we really needed to regain a solid footing for the program after the prior disaster before this pivotal class came up.

I think Manning is confident in his ability to throw a class together in the Spring if everything falls through. If the 2014 class is any indication that safety net isn't much lower than our ceiling was under redacted.

I also get the sense that Manning is doing the legwork in this class and future classes such that it is really only going to take one elite recruit before we return to pre-redacted levels of recruiting.

Dennis Smith's list: Wake Forest, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Louisville, and N.C. State.

Harry Giles's list: Wake Forest, Duke, Kansas, UNC, and Kentucky.

Marques Bolden's list: Wake Forest, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Alabama, and TCU.
Smith replaced Kansas with Kentucky.

Just heard that Harry Giles middle name is Vernon. So WE can call him Harry V Giles, pronounced Hairy Vagiles. People have been calling him that since he was 12 I heard.

Let me guess you listened to that shit from [Redacted], wellman, braces and 81 during the last few years.

Notice what happened when all we brought in was low and un rated players?

It was not pretty.

No. Not at all. And I was there for it.

Regardless of ranking, we never competed with quality programs for talent, which was most telling of all. But whatever. I got bored with the conversation here so now I am trying to hijack the thread. Seems better than comparing our recruits to genital hygiene products (or is it a practice?).... but that's just me.

Harry, bolden, Koby to wake
Dennis, bam to state

Duke already has theirs. Going to be a hyper competitive 2016 on Tobacco Road.

I just hope I live to see the day that K retires. God that guy is a pain in the ass.

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16 - Giles's OV (9/19) & Wake makes Bolden's top-7!...

Yeah Dennis Smith is definitely not going to Duke now. If he wants to play with Harry it'll be at Wake or UK.

(He's going to State)

It's nice to be in the conversation with many of the top recruits in the nation once again. IMO the staff has made a ton of progress in a very short amount of time. Hopefully , we will get a couple of big names this year or even pull of a coup. HG would mean as much to us as the signing of Rodney Rogers ( who really fell into our lap), which in turn convinced Randolph to become a Deacon. Rodney is one of the most beloved Deacons of all time and HG would be as well.

Back