• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

or when chas mcfarland decided to give casey crawford the nickname "crawfish" at the summer league (don't think that one stuck, but chas thought it was hilarious)

man people really don't like the nickname dick wash, tons of neg rep

where were you noobs when the YOU CAN'T STOP VD signs were around

unc fans called reyshawn terry "Radio" for fuck's sake

lighten up

This was awesome. I'm pretty sure he garnered this nickname his senior year at RJR. I'm also bleeding out of my neg-hole from the d-wash comments.

man people really don't like the nickname dick wash, tons of neg rep

where were you noobs when the YOU CAN'T STOP VD signs were around

unc fans called reyshawn terry "Radio" for fuck's sake

lighten up

Yeah let's lower our standards to UNC's.

I don't really care about the nicknames but using "UNC fans" as justification is lowering your standards.

This was awesome. I'm pretty sure he garnered this nickname his senior year at RJR. I'm also bleeding out of my neg-hole from the d-wash comments.

Reyshawn is a good dude. Turned around his career at UNC to get drafted in the 2nd round. Had some attitude problems early on. Has had a good career overseas.

The nickname doesn't suck because it's offensive. It sucks because nobody shortens the last name Washington to Wash. I've only seen that abbreviation in the context of the state. Whether its Dick Wash, Rich Wash, or even Richard Wash, it just sounds stupid.

terry played for the other team. i would argue "can't stop vd" is actually witty and i don't think dick wash is but that's just me. chase giving a nickname to a teammate/contemporary is different from us dummies on a message board doing it.

my issue is simply that i don't think r washington would like being called dick wash so i would not do that to one of our own. just because you can do something (it's certainly not the end of the world and he may not really give a shit) does not mean you should.

carry on.

#AllAboutThoseVibes

The nickname doesn't suck because it's offensive. It sucks because nobody shortens the last name Washington to Wash. I've only seen that abbreviation in the context of the state. Whether its Dick Wash, Rich Wash, or even Richard Wash, it just sounds stupid.

If his name was Terry Wash, he'd be T-Wash. C'mon.

terry played for the other team. i would argue "can't stop vd" is actually witty and i don't think dick wash is but that's just me. chase giving a nickname to a teammate/contemporary is different from us dummies on a message board doing it.

my issue is simply that i don't think r washington would like being called dick wash so i would not do that to one of our own. just because you can do something (it's certainly not the end of the world and he may not really give a shit) does not mean you should.

carry on.

#AllAboutThoseVibes

This. Once Sir Richard gets on campus, we need a student who posts on these boards to straight up ask him his opinion on the nickname. Probably be best that the student forms some kind of friendship with Richard first.

This is the kind of dumb BULLCRAP that's discussed when there isn't anything outside of 2018-19 recruiting to talk about on a recruiting thread.

Reyshawn is a good dude. Turned around his career at UNC to get drafted in the 2nd round. Had some attitude problems early on. Has had a good career overseas.

Yep, no arguments here that Rey Rey ended up being a good guy and having a fruitful career overseas.

we shorten washington university to wash u
wash jones was a character in absalom abasalom

Wash is actually a pretty common shortening of Washington. I can think of a few athletic examples and have heard it used in day to day life with folks who have that last name

But not if his name was Terry Washington. Maybe I'm missing an obvious example of a famous person with the last name Washington whose nickname shortens it to Wash. Nobody calls Denzel D-Wash

we shorten washington university to wash u
wash jones was a character in absalom abasalom

So I'm not missing one then.

Last edited:

Dick Ton

Back