• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Still waiting to hear an explanation from Kvegas. I bet he just fed all that information and stoked the vibes fire so that the ensuing explosion would be more spectacular. Brilliantly played.

This is going to be the most awkward thread ever if he does end up choosing Wake.

Deep down I haven't accepted he isn't coming to Wake. I don' think I'm alone. Would be super awkward though. Public enemy #1 to town hero, all in the flip of a hat.

Deep down I haven't accepted he isn't coming to Wake. I don' think I'm alone. Would be super awkward though. Public enemy #1 to town hero, all in the flip of a hat.

Just shows how much we care, you think the Dukies would be having a meltdown like this if it were leaked he's coming to Wake? What we lack on the field and court, we make up for in quality of meltdowns!

a0FBAbs.gif

You aren't alone in thinking there is still a chance. Things can happen all the way up to the minute he picks up a hat. I just hope it will be ours.

Still waiting to hear an explanation from Kvegas. I bet he just fed all that information and stoked the vibes fire so that the ensuing explosion would be more spectacular. Brilliantly played.

Yeah curious as to whether kvegas loses his cred or becomes as loved as Deac94 after November 12-14

Harry should know that if he employed the Cliff Alexander hat switch to Wake, he'd be the greatest Deacon of all time without ever playing a game

Man, now we really are good and fucked though, cause not only is Duke going to be ridiculous, but now NC State is most likely picking up a couple of 5-star guys in that class, and we're getting no one. I'm generally optimistic, but it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

And Giles doesn't care. You're a Wake fan wanting him to care about things (which have now essentially been confirmed) he really doesn't care about. Theme of this entire thread basically.

Yep.

I hope Giles grabs the wake hat, stares into the camera and screams "Fuck you doofus" as he throws the hat on and instantly becomes a legend

You aren't alone in thinking there is still a chance. Things can happen all the way up to the minute he picks up a hat. I just hope it will be ours.

If ever we needed a Coach K screwing a goat story to come out, it's now.

We need an "oh by the way..." thread, unofficial of course since BSD only writes part time after getting off the school bus.

That is just TOO funny.

That said, feel really badly for Manning and Childress, who've been working so hard to mop up the hot shitty mess of the [Redacted] years.

We always think we have it in the bag when we have the mom. I don't think that's ever worked out for us. Moms love us, there is some overused girlfriend/dating analogy to be put here.

Last edited:
Also to note, the way Harry cried after losing to Tatum's AAU team really screamed future dukie.

"it's cool harry. i beat you straight up and you did not want any more of that so you JOINED ME at dook. now you may never have a shot at beating me head to head again. maybe we'll meet in the pros."

I'm hearing Kentucky is still a big possibility from a few somewhat reliable Duke folks I know. If he doesn't come to Wake then that would be okay in my book.

I'm hearing Kentucky is still a big possibility from a few somewhat reliable Duke folks I know. If he doesn't come to Wake then that would be okay in my book.

I wish at least he's stringing Duke along too and ends up at UK. Don't get me wrong I hate UK too, but it's a much better alternative.

Back