• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Yeah, but I guess some kids are taking 1.3 mil to play in Italy over 1.8 in China.

Are you sure Randolph wasn't joking about that story? I'm not sure Jen-Ai ever lived overseas.

I find it amusing and somewhat depressing that some of these "student-athletes" are unsure even at this late of date whether they'll reclassify to 2015 or 2016, i.e Jamal Murray and Thon Maker. You're talking about a high school kid saying in February, "Yeah, it's still up in the air as to whether I'll graduate this year." Unless, they've been hanging around the high school a little too long already, it means that they're likely Juniors and somehow will graduate in just a few months. I kind of doubt they've been taking summer classes every year to accumulate the required credits.

If he fully intends to play overseas is it still important to re-classify for NBA draft purposes?

What if you drop out of high school?
1 NBA season has to have elapsed since the graduation of the class the player would have graduated in had he not dropped out.

Dinos can shoot. He is the best 3 point shooter we have had since Justin Gray. When he is feeling it , he is almost automatic from behind the arc. The Syracuse , NCSU and Miami games were incredible IMO. I think Leonard and Crab were great finds too. I sure wouldn't trade them for Moto and Cav. Not even close.

Dinos can shoot. He is the best 3 point shooter we have had since Justin Gray. When he is feeling it , he is almost automatic from behind the arc. The Syracuse , NCSU and Miami games were incredible IMO. I think Leonard and Crab were great finds too. I sure wouldn't trade them for Moto and Cav. Not even close.

Exactly, + wilb, our new coach is a great judge of talent...

Sign at WCA's game tonight
B9xG2fEIEAAXR3n.jpg:large

A name to monitor for 2015 is SG Tyson Jolly. WF has not yet offered him but has shown some interest in him and he is having a very big season during HS play. Was a mid-major prospect last year but is now firmly in high major contention. Among the schools looking at him, Missouri, Minnesota, and California are all showing moderate interest. If Manning is dead set on picking up another outside shooter for 2015, he definitely will be one of the players considered.

Last edited:
Harry wrote another blog post for USA Today.

Two interesting things:

Right now, the schools I’m considering are, in no particular order: Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Syracuse, UNC, Wake Forest, Ohio St and UNLV.

I just really like talking to all the coaches and getting to know them. I definitely want to have a close relationship with coaching staff at whichever school I pick.

I would have to say that, right now, I talk to Duke the most, them and Wake. I talk to Carolina a lot too and Coach Calipari text me the other day and told me he’d be down in the next few weeks so I’m looking forward to that.

and

I’m excited about this week because I get a chance to go and talk to local kids at their practice in the YMCA league. I always love talking to the younger guys because I remember when I was younger and Chris Paul and those guys would come back and do the same thing. I was always real excited when they came back and showed love. I’m looking forward to it.

John Dell @johndellWSJ
From what I saw tonight Harry Giles can fit in anywhere. I counted at least six dunks and he made four 3-pointers....His jumper looked good.

John Dell @johndellWSJ
.@r22childress Was also impressed tonight with @Agent__0 Brandon Childress of Wesleyan. He's almost as good as his pops....

-----
Not earth shattering tweets by any means but it's a lot more than what everyone normally gets from WF's beat writer in Collins.

Dell has a story & interview with Giles coming out soon. Hopefully, Collins will start covering local WF recruits and Dell continues to cover local high profile HS athletes as they'd be nice sources of info.

Last edited:
I was at the WCA vs Calvary game tonight and Giles is as advertised although I don't remember 4 three pointers. He finished with 30 points. Man among boys. Giles does seem to go out of his way to speak with the younger kids - seems like a great kid. I was also really impressed with Michael Buckland from WCA.

Back